essential oil blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innate Crafts

Reaction score
Hi..I have a question regarding essential oil blend.. DO you make essential oil blend on the day of making soap or you make it in advance of 4-5 days and let it merge into each other and then use?? does it make any difference??

I usually just mix my EO blends while I am melting the hard fats/oils for my soap, especially if I have used the EO combination before and know how it will smell.

I have read that it's best to make them ahead of time, 1-3 days, so the scents merge better. Honestly, I can't tell that much difference. I do keep certain blends I really like pre-mixed in glass bottles in the refrigerator, this is more for convenience.

Hi..I have a question regarding essential oil blend.. DO you make essential oil blend on the day of making soap or you make it in advance of 4-5 days and let it merge into each other and then use?? does it make any difference??
Welcome to the Forum! For years, I would blend me essential oils while everything else was cooling. This year, however, I'm trying something new thanks to our friend, [ gah, @QuasiQuadrant has gone into witness protection and I'm blanking on her new name! ]. I am mixing up my essential oil blend at least 24 hours in advance with a tablespoon of castor oil and a teaspoon of kaolin clay. Several batches are still curing so I can't share results yet. But it is so easy to mix up and easy to try, so why not?!

Latest posts

Back