What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a family reunion with packaged and labeled "gift bars" in hand. Passed them out with some trepidation as these were the first time I have given bars to anyone other than immediate family (uncle, sons, daughter) and a few close friends. Everyone marveled at the smell and the neighbors came over to try to get me to sell them some. I gave them a bar too.

All in all, a rewarding experience due to the positive response since my family can be a bit brutally blunt in letting you know if they don't like something.

Ordered the FOs for the coffee soap wedding favors! I'm testing three fragrances from WSP: Coffee bean, Fresh Brewed Coffee, and Coffee Mocha (or something like that). Can't wait to make up small batches of the soap and have my friend judge them!

Tried out two more scents that I got as testers from aztec. One was workable and smells decent, one was holy moley accelerating and I don't think I'll CP that one if I like it after cure again! Rearranged my makeshift area in the garage onto a six foot table so I feel less...well...makeshift. Washed the dishes (soap and human) and am looking at the todo list! ;)

Tried my hand at the striped bar. Not sure it came out as intended, the batter felt thicker than I wanted it to be, but we will see once it's ready to be cut. I'm waiting for it to set up enough to try the inverted stamping from the challenge :)

So jealous of everyone soaping right now - I've an exam in less than 2 weeks which means no soaping until after that!

I've just ordered 7 new FOs though for when I can soap!

Attempted to make another mold. This time a tall & Skinny mold made from the remnants of an weathered storage shed.

ETA: Actually made this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post it.

WP_20150831_001[1].jpg

WP_20150831_002[1].jpg

Last edited:
I think it is awesome that you are repurposing materials for your soaping adventures! Very consciously responsible! KUDOS!!
Attempted to make another mold. This time a tall & Skinny mold made from the remnants of an weathered storage shed.

ETA: Actually made this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post it.

Tonight I washed a couple of pots from my last soap adventure. Yesterday, I spent a long time organizing all of my soaping supplies and cleaning the soaping stuff from the previous batch. I also put my goat milk into ice cube trays. Tonight, I will split the 2# batched oils into 1# batches so I can test the FOs I got from WSP during their sale. I think I'll take the goat milk out of the trays and put them in a freezer bag. I have a can of coconut milk I need to freeze.

Back