What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is awesome that you are repurposing materials for your soaping adventures! Very consciously responsible! KUDOS!!

Molds can get pretty expensive. And I live in the country where there's usually some type of scrap wood either at my house, a neighbor's or a friend's. No sense letting all that good wood rot or get burned in the burn pile. :p

Awesome! Have you made a slab mold style yet?

That was my first attempt. Pics are a few posts back. Can't wait to try them both out. But, it was a busy weekend and so far the week hasn't cut me any slack either. lol

I made liquid soap for the first time using glycerin method as detailed by IL in that awesome thread. Got done hand stirring about an hour ago, now patiently waiting for it to become a paste.
I still have to soap with my cold brew coffee, but I've been putting it off for fear of the unknown, the unknown stink that is, that everyone talked about.

Made more shave soap following hints and suggestions shared by The Efficacious Gent (thank you, Craig!) It turned an unexpected caramel color that I have to troubleshoot but otherwise it is pretty nice stuff ... good cushion, dense lather, easy lathering. It should be even better after a good cure.

Labeled my 3 layer coffee bars, unmolded and cut my calendula bars and made a batch of coconut milk scented with Pink Musk. Oh and I approved the bf's latest plans for a better drying rack.

I made a tweaked version of my first ever batch to up the conditioning and hopefully and colored with in 3 shades using one oxide colorant. I also made my first batch of castile...boy did it take forever to trace and then poured it into a Pringles can. Now I am out of supplies.

11891501_1024587497565208_2673165693954500091_o.jpg

My fridge freezes and quits about every 2 months, randomly. Luckily unplugging it overnight fixes it, but I had just bought some goat's milk (I did get 5 bars out of that) and some cow's milk to soap with (among other uses for cow's, but still) when the fridge decided to act out. Spent an hour tossing refrigerated
soap (and other supplies). At least now I know I'm good to buy stuff for a couple months!

My fridge freezes and quits about every 2 months, randomly. Luckily unplugging it overnight fixes it, but I had just bought some goat's milk (I did get 5 bars out of that) and some cow's milk to soap with (among other uses for cow's, but still) when the fridge decided to act out. Spent an hour tossing refrigerated
soap (and other supplies). At least now I know I'm good to buy stuff for a couple months!

Is it a samsung fridge by any chance? My old fridge used to fo the same thing. It got to the point where it was only a few days between events.

I stopped at a craft show over the weekend and picked up a handmade "berry bowl." Basically, it looks like a small colander, but only has holes on the bottom. This particular potter also makes little plates to put under the bowls so that after rinsing your berries, they can drain that last little bit of water out without getting a counter top, or lap, all wet.

I put soap in it
11953033_698304951004_4710410974549599910_n.jpg

I stopped at a craft show over the weekend and picked up a handmade "berry bowl." Basically, it looks like a small colander, but only has holes on the bottom. This particular potter also makes little plates to put under the bowls so that after rinsing your berries, they can drain that last little bit of water out without getting a counter top, or lap, all wet.

I put soap in it
11953033_698304951004_4710410974549599910_n.jpg

Now THAT is awesome!

Woohoo, I finally used my PVC pipe mold today, made my tea tree lavender cold process soap. A huge, 4 lb oil batch. Tomorrow this time, I cut. I also diluted my LS paste that I made yesterday, came out pretty clear.

I put away most of my order from that dreaded NG place :wink: and weighed out oils this morning before storytime at the library. After dinner, I got to soaping. I wanted to play with color in discoloring FOs, and the Innocence FO I ordered allegedly discolors. I added the mica to the lye water, colored the whole batch, and pulled some out before adding my FO. Had I read the challenge thread before I did this, I would have left some uncolored with just FO as well. Oh darn. I guess I need to make more soap.

It's a Frigidaire. Guess I better start putting dollars back!

Yeah sorry but they are pretty much on the down and out when they start doing that.

I read somewhere on the Internet (it must be true hahahaha) that some manufacturers build in a fault so that the appliance fails after so many hours of use and therefore the customer needs to buy a new one every few years.

Latest posts

Back