What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replenished some of the oils I was getting low on or out of. Once I have a sit down (worked today) I'm going to try my hand at another batch of soap. Need a break first though. Been going full tilt since this morning and I'm pooped.

Lavender soap is gelling in the oven! I tried an inverted stamp; we'll see what it looks like when I take it out tomorrow.

That's a gorgeous top!!

I got this text from my cousin, he was a guinea pig for my first shave soap:

'Hey, finally got a shaving brush and used your shaving soap. It is amazing! Razor glides really well and skin felt great after, no shaving rash whatsoever! Best wet shave ive had! Thanks'

So satisfying when you get good feedback.

Today I made 3 batches of my Coastal Calendula, Chamomile and Clay Detox Bar with Pacific Sea Salt

1440802397495.jpg

Today I made a high lard batch of Deadly Weapon scent. I tried to swirl, but trace was too thick. Hubs wanted to see if he could get deeper swirls, so used a knife in part of it vs. my chopstick. My pretty top was messed up, and I'll have to wait to see if it worked tomorrow when I cut it. At least I love the scent, and I don't sell so it's all for me, or friends and family who don't care what it looks like.

Ever tried to put 10 lbs. of sugar in a 5 lb. bag?
I, in an epic blond moment, wanted to make a 3 lb. batch, and accidentally pulled a 6 lb. recipe...and didn't realize it until I couldn't fit it in the 3 lb. mold. Thankfully I had a lined mold on hand, so tragedy was averted, however, I think my entire neighborhood will steer clear of me and my mouth for a while...lol

Tried 1lb with a sample FO from aztec, smelled a lot like perfume (barn wood) so I'm really curious how it cures. Also did a 2lb batch of mango madness from essential depot which I know accelerates like crazy (was using up what I had). From the looks of it, I might be rebatching that one. We'll see in the morning!

Update: Bleh, aztec scent not right. Emailed them. Mango madness....yea...1/4" of oil on top 10 minutes after molding. Decided against waiting, micro'd it to heat it up, stick blended everything back together, crockpotted for about 15 minutes until it looked like vaseline and plopped it back into the mold.

Last edited:
I tried a drop swirl with a new FO (Lychee and Black Tea) but it looks pretty ugly from the top. Hopefully it will look okay when cut! I also made another batch of lavender and goat's milk.

Far too excited for lots of soapy supplies getting delivered this week!

Latest posts

Back