What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have started work on setting up my 'lab' so to speak. Assembled shelves, put products on shelves, assembled my small curing rack (nothing special) set up my work table etc. Vaccumed up a lot of dog hair (A LOT of dog hair. I could knit another dog) de-funked the room (**** dog) and cleaned up :) Prepping for some soap making once my shipment of supplies comes in. :)

It's taken two months to get here and the wretched shipping and customs fees near tripled the price, but... *drumroll*.... my Bud Cutter is finally here!! It's here!! Woowoo!!
7iarBb6iA.gif

congrats!

i'm sure yer gonna love it, Tienne :)

restock of lemongrass dead sea mud soap, and some whitening cream using papaya n bearberry extracts.

I got both pine tar and birch tar in the mail today. Yay!

Hubby unpacked them, since I was at work, and he called to let me know that the birch tar had been improperly packaged and leaked all over. And that it was on his hands now. And smelled like a fire. And that while he was bagging it up so it wouldn't stink up the house, he had mistakenly wiped his face with his hand which had the birch tar on it. Which would not have been a huge deal, except that he then forgot a minute later and licked his lips.

Which was the reason for the phone call at work, to find out WHY on earth I would think of putting something so revolting in my soaps?

I said, well nobody's going to be EATING the soap! Geez. And I rather like the smoky scent. It reminds me of camping. LOL

I placed an order for soaping supplies, about $150.00 worth of stuff!

For me, that's a lot because I'm a hobby soaper now that my soaping buddy changed her mind about selling soap with me. She suggested I sell alone, but I seriously don't have the sales gene. So this is my first supply order with the knowledge I won't be selling any. Ever.

I got both pine tar and birch tar in the mail today. Yay!

Hubby unpacked them, since I was at work, and he called to let me know that the birch tar had been improperly packaged and leaked all over. And that it was on his hands now. And smelled like a fire. And that while he was bagging it up so it wouldn't stink up the house, he had mistakenly wiped his face with his hand which had the birch tar on it. Which would not have been a huge deal, except that he then forgot a minute later and licked his lips.

Which was the reason for the phone call at work, to find out WHY on earth I would think of putting something so revolting in my soaps?

I said, well nobody's going to be EATING the soap! Geez. And I rather like the smoky scent. It reminds me of camping. LOL

:lol: sounds like a series of unfortunate events for him!!! but.....very very funny!!!

Went to my favorite local herb shop and got some alkanet root and hops to restock, plus some annato seeds to try out.

I finally made oat milk soap, yay! I also received a shipment from Brambleberry. I'm enjoying the scent of Cucumber & Kiwi at the moment, and a few others. Eeee! ^_^

I placed an order for soaping supplies, about $150.00 worth of stuff!

For me, that's a lot because I'm a hobby soaper now that my soaping buddy changed her mind about selling soap with me. She suggested I sell alone, but I seriously don't have the sales gene. So this is my first supply order with the knowledge I won't be selling any. Ever.

I went to a farmer's market today(I was out of town.) On a table with a bunch of jellies and stuff, I saw a basket of soap. Seemed a tad out of place, so I asked the guy about the soap(while smelling and looking very interested). He said that his neighbor makes the soap. She mans the booth one weekend a month to pay him back for the space every weekend. Seemed a very good solution for a very small "hobby/testing the waters to become professional type soapmaker.

You could do this. Shoot, even I could do this once I get more experience. If it just makes enough to support the addiction, and you get out and talk to customers once a month, it would be excellent.

restock, restock, restoooccckk...
so many things to do, only a pair of hands :(
i'm so moody, that even if i have many things to do, i cant be rushed. if not supported by the right mood = disaster.
okay lets list the things in order of priority:
lavender gm - done
lavender body butter
strawberry body butter
eucalyptus
bearberry soap
lil robots party favor
choc chip mint
strawberry milkshake (soap that is)

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I'll have to toss my oat milk soap in the crock pot, it seems like I didn't stick blend it enough before sticking it in the freezer, 24 hours after taking it out of the freezer it's weeping zappy orange liquid, yikes! :\ So I'm getting ready to do that now. I have my bottle of Cucumber & Kiwi fragrance oil at my desk still...I enjoy sniffing if periodically. hehehe! ^_^

I made an apple scented soap and used apple juice to mix my lye. Totally burned the juice and it turned a DARK red brown color so I was kind of worried. Looks like it is lightening up quite a bit so all may not be lost. Also colored a thin top layer red, maybe too much color though, we will see if it bleeds.

It sure smells good though!

I cut a batch of soap using another soap that I was not crazy about. This is also my first batch that I utilize canola to cut the use of olive. I loved how it came out as it reminds me of bananas and chocolate. Too bad the scent did not match or stay with the soap, but I like it.

It's not the best, but I want to share my progress and show off my personal pride and achievement:

100_2146.jpg

I was busy tonight -

I made my first salt scrub (I don't have any preservatives yet but I thought I would make a small batch just to try one).

I made a whipped body butter with pink grapefruit eo.

Cut my Gingham Apple soap I made yesterday - also realized I used more fo than WSP recommends so I am really bummed. Can't believe I did that. Not sure what I am going to do with that one now. Its really pretty and smells great, but now I will be scared to use it. Maybe it will just sit around to smell up the room. :(

Also made lavender and key lime eo soap. Smells awesome.

finally starting to make the lil robot soaps. 1 batch done out of 25.

Back