What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jules, maybe cut the Gingham Apple up and use as large-ish embeds in an unscented soap? It would be sad to be too scared to use a soap!

^^^That - Cut up my Gingham Apple to use as embeds, figured out I only need about a lb more of soap to be OK so I will whip that up tonight and hope for the best.

Thanks FlybyStardancer! Good idea.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1400603873.481574.jpg

Made a second batch of soleseife, scented with marine vitality FO this time.

just did another bearberry soap. this time i also added papaya puree and did it cp, instead of hp like last time. the soap is currently in the freezer. a bit weary about the extract, so prevent gel it is. crossing fingers it will be okay.

Just tried two 11-week-old soaps! One is a cp lard soap (from the first batch of lard soap I made), the other my second batch of superlye. I'll dig up that thread to add my thoughts on it there.

As far as the lard soap goes... Oh man, I was loving it! I had just finished a different bar of lard soap, and the difference was amazing. The bar I grabbed today was made a week earlier than the previous one, cp'd instead of hp'd, had different scent/colors, but was otherwise the same recipe. The lather on this one was so much nicer! And the scent on this one was WSP Ocean Water. I didn't really like it OOB, and I thought it was just 'okay' when I sniffed it in the curing room today (was trying to decide between one of three scents), but once I got the bar wet, the scent improved to something actually nice. And the very faint hint of it on my skin now is wonderful. I'm thinking now that Ocean Water is a scent best used in lighter amounts and/or blended with something else...

It's too bad that I have too many vegetarian friends, so else this would be a wonderful recipe to keep. :) (Out of all the vegetarians I know, one is okay with animal oils in soap...except that lard makes her break out. Not entirely surprising, given that she's vegetarian due to allergies.)

I tried a hanger swirl today, and organized my soaping area. and....looked at some soap pictures (but....that's everyday, right???)

It's been way too long since I made soap, but...

I found some pitchers perfected for splitting batter for coloring! Walked in to Target today, and there they were in the dollar section. They're similar to this one at Brambleberry, and are made of #5 plastic. They're also the perfect size for those of us who only do small batches of 2lbs or so.

didn`t make soap today, but decided I'm going to do a grapefruit and cedarwood soap next. just need to pin down what swirl I want to try.......

oh, I've also been waiting for my goats to go into labour. there maybe somethings happening tonight..... maybe I should just soap tonight to pass the time? since I won`t really be sleeping anyway.....

just did my first lanolin and egg soap :D it's a facial soap, coconut free formula, with beef tallow, and some goatmilk as well (can't resist, i loooveeee milk too much in soaps). now the waiting game begins....

Working on lining my molds, followed by making 2 batches of dragon blood extra scrubby mud bars, gardenia and 2 batches of Lemony Avocado. If I am not to tired by then I shall make more Plumeria and Plumeria with Hardwood. Whew!! I am going to be busy and it is already 2 in the afternoon

It's been way too long since I made soap, but...

I found some pitchers perfected for splitting batter for coloring! Walked in to Target today, and there they were in the dollar section. They're similar to this one at Brambleberry, and are made of #5 plastic. They're also the perfect size for those of us who only do small batches of 2lbs or so.

Are they different colored watering cans in the dollar section? I got those too! :D

After washing my hair with the Soap Queen pH balanced shampoo bar recipe for 6 weeks now, I have discovered that the more it cures, the more of a residue it leaves on my hair, and now the washing process leaves my hair dirtier/stickier than it is before I wash it. Today I decided to look up Genny's recipe. I plugged everything into soap calc, and I'm gathering supplies to make her recipe this week.

I'm so excited!!!

I cleaned 200 and eleventy million soap utensils, pots, pans and bowls. I may have fudged the numbers there. I think there was more. Felt like it anyway :mad:. Cleaning up because the Mother-In-Law is coming to stay. She will be doing her not so subtle inspection. Kill. Me. Now.

lol, hilarious and all-too-familiar!

I miss Derpina too! Just the other day I was wondering where she had gotten to and about how her posts always make me laugh.

Anyway, I am getting ready to make some dandelion soap and then maybe some calendula soap. Maybe an extra batch of avocado soap too.... but I really just popped by this thread to see how many posts there would be about other people making avocado soaps, too! I'm kinda surprised there aren't any yet, but maybe I'm just one step ahead of the competition. LOL (Anyone with an interest in "gardening" will understand what I'm talking about. :lol:)

Back