What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I am waiting for two exciting parcels of supplies, and planning what to do with them when they come. Almond soap! Marshmallow body cream! Magic anti-ageing potion!!

Two more parcels to come in the next few days, too. :grin::grin::grin:

Hmm. Would be a good idea to get boring stuff done to free up time for fun when I have my goodies. We'll see...

Got everything together to make a Himalayan pink salt bar with grapefruit/bergamot - everything melted, fragrance in the oils, ground a lb of salt in my coffee grinder... and I didn't have enough lye. :roll:

So waiting for the stores to open today so I can finish what I started... :???:

I managed to give myself a sore throat by not paying close enough attention to where I set my first batch of lye while working on my second. Oops. :/

I made my first Goat Milk soap tonight. I have only been making my soaps with water. Seemed to go well. We will see hoy it looks tomorrow. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1401247407.523806.jpg

Learned lots of lessons tonight. The best one: Walked away from a HP crock pot for less than two minutes, came back to "one hot mess!"

Best part of tonight and soap making ever: It was bed time and tuck in for my littles right as I had finished mixing and molding today's soap. As I was walking into my girls room, one of the girls says, "Mom I bet you smell like soap, come give me a hug." Of course I did. She takes a deep breath and exclaims, "You don't just smell like soap, you smell like finished soap!" She wouldn't let go. I guess she likes the scent I used tonight (Lavender, Rosemary, Patchouli).

Okay, no actual soaping got done today... but I did finally manage to catch up on my kitchen cleaning (after waaaaay too long), so now I have space to make soap!

Determined to soap tomorrow.
icon_smile.gif
Need to make tooth and shave soaps so they can cure, and after that I have too many ideas for playing around.

Thickened and scented a previous batch of liquid soap. Made a new batch of liquid soap and of 100% CO laundry soap. Played with my new ph meter.

Just simple stuff right now, none of the recipes I want to be playing with *sigh* I have so many ingredients in my cupboard and no energy to use them lol

Also been reading the Craft Inc book. Figure if I want to start working towards being a business next year, then now is the time to start, especially with my energy levels lol

Last edited:
My parcels arrived yesterday, but because I had done something incredibly stupid with my websites I couldn't even open them until the evening when I had finally sorted things out. (I design, create and maintain websites - luckily this stupidity was with my own non-public sites. I do take more care with other people's sites!)

Today I am waiting for another parcel, possibly two, and then I am hoping to get on with my magic anti-ageing potion and marshmallow body cream - and maybe some soap too.

My parcels arrived yesterday, but because I had done something incredibly stupid with my websites I couldn't even open them until the evening when I had finally sorted things out. (I design, create and maintain websites - luckily this stupidity was with my own non-public sites. I do take more care with other people's sites!)

Today I am waiting for another parcel, possibly two, and then I am hoping to get on with my magic anti-ageing potion and marshmallow body cream - and maybe some soap too.

LOL I used to maintain client's websites for years, to the neglect of my own... and I had a client who decided one day he was going to update his own... I had given him a manual with exact instructions how to add posts, photos, etc. With screenshots and arrows and all that nifty stuff. But he had a friend who said, 'Wow, man, just use Frontpage, what you see is what you get!' *sigh* He'd even managed to somehow mess with the htaccess file. Craziness.

Hey, I think I need some miracle antiaging potion!

soaped with a friend today and I made one myself (lavender and peppermint, pink drop swirls). hopefully....this swirls this time (had 3 straight fails recently).

Mixed a few new eo blends.

Unmolded my grapefruit pink salt bar - too soon. :( Broken stuck edges galore.

Ran a few new recipes through soapcalc to include what I have on hand for my next few batches.

Learned lots of lessons tonight. The best one: Walked away from a HP crock pot for less than two minutes, came back to "one hot mess!"

Best part of tonight and soap making ever: It was bed time and tuck in for my littles right as I had finished mixing and molding today's soap. As I was walking into my girls room, one of the girls says, "Mom I bet you smell like soap, come give me a hug." Of course I did. She takes a deep breath and exclaims, "You don't just smell like soap, you smell like finished soap!" She wouldn't let go. I guess she likes the scent I used tonight (Lavender, Rosemary, Patchouli).
What a lovely story - and your daughter will remember that soap scent for the rest of her life. Scent memories are ingrained, it seems.

I didn't do much for soaping today other than read, study, and learn bit more. Going to give liquid soap a try soon.

I made my "Jack Bauer" soap tonight. I have been joking with hubby about making a manly man bar.

It has triple brewed coffee and beer for my liquid, scented with sandalwood vanilla, patchouli, and tobacco bay leaf. Sprinkled ground coffee on the top of the loaf.

I managed to give myself a sore throat by not paying close enough attention to where I set my first batch of lye while working on my second. Oops. :/

I did that once. Only once. lol Now I have a procedure, mix it at arm's length, with stove hood on, then immediately move it to the back of the stove, and start the next one. all mixed lye goes to the back of the stove, where it is safe from breathing, being bumped, etc. lol

Well, it's early morning so I haven't done anything soapy yet, but yesterday I received the mold that I had ordered from Van Yulay, I think that's how it's spelled. It's a mold source I ran across recently, they have tons of molds, not the one I was looking for, but I couldn't resist ordering at least one.

I also accepted an invitation to be a vendor in a fund raising festival for an animal assisted therapy group. I'm really excited about this, it's such a great cause. And it's giving me an idea for something I can do when I retire. I'm planning to get a dog then, and they do canine therapy training, and one of the things that they have the dogs do is a program for reading challenged kids, where they take dogs into the schools and have the kids read to the them, because the dogs are not judgmental, and the kids have more confidence reading aloud to them. I want to do this!!!

The festival is in September, so I have lots of time to get ready. This will be my first outdoor fair, so I'm excited about that too. They even provide the tent. So I'm excited about the fair and thinking about having a therapy dog! Funny, the places that soap making will take you.

I did that once. Only once. lol Now I have a procedure, mix it at arm's length, with stove hood on, then immediately move it to the back of the stove, and start the next one. all mixed lye goes to the back of the stove, where it is safe from breathing, being bumped, etc. lol

That is exactly how I do it also.

I've been working on packaging and labeling all week- well, a little at a time. Yesterday I took a bar of my gardener's soap to my favorite produce farm, and she invited me to put a few in her shop. :)

As soon as I finish labeling, I must get in my soap/craft room and rearrange. The workers are coming Monday to put a window air conditioner in that room.

Besides that, I really NEED to make soap! I'm running short on several of my favorites! Maybe next week!

Back