What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your soaps are always so beautiful, I am in awe of your talent. But I'm curious, and forgive me if you've mentioned it elsewhere, why are you aiming for a "palm extreme" recipe?
Thank you. Persistence pays!

As for the extreme bar, in part, I’m thinking about soap for my young nephews and nieces that won’t dissolve quite so quickly in the bath tub. In part, I just want to see how high I can go without getting soap on a stick or stearic spots :).

Coffee Soap Success! But no swirl - like I said the base layer was pretty gosh-darned hard by the time I got the hanger in there.View attachment 42500
Ooo, I like those :thumbs:

My palm soap is a pale version of itself, I hope... I used two different discoloring FOs with the hope of getting a dark tan/lt brown and a dark brown to go with the white batter and some divine smelling chunks of another soap that I wasn’t quite happy with. For that one I used a “natural” fragrance oil from WSP called Rice Milk & Cardamom. The discoloring FOs are a vanilla from BB and tropical spice from WSP. Does anyone know how long it takes for the high vanillin FOs to fully discolor?

D25787B5-F06A-4CDD-BBB7-60480DE3DFDC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
TRGbrqC
Thanks to others, I got the cream color I wanted and the steps were easy Ford these honey yogurt oat soap for my sensitive people.

Made for an exciting evening watching, though! Who needs TV??

Right?!?!?! :lol:

Currently, they are slowly morphing back to blue! The show isn’t over, and unfortunately I can’t binge watch the series. The drama is torturous.

Coffee Soap Success! But no swirl - like I said the base layer was pretty gosh-darned hard by the time I got the hanger in there.View attachment 42500

Those turned out great. My last coffee soap, I think I accidentally used garden dirt fo instead of coffee. Sooooo disappointing. My shampoo is dirt scented, I really love it, I know, I’m weird, but I just wanted a coffee scented bar. I so want to make some more again, but I just went on a soap making spree. Currently I am contemplating how often I should shower. After reading another soap makers blog, I added another couple bars of soap to my shower stall. Who needs to wait until one bar is done? Have twelve. Wash hands at every sink three times, because there’s three bars of soap. Nope. No ocd here....

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut a loaf of coffee soap. I'm not liking how effective that coffee is at making me not smell the cocoa butter. I also wish I could have made a 750g batch.

I cut a loaf of coffee soap. I'm not liking how effective that coffee is at making me not smell the cocoa butter. I also wish I could have made a 750g batch.
I’m thinking of making a coffee soap for exfoliating. It’s for my daughter..she’s not a fan of coffee, but needs to exfoliate.. will a FO cover up the coffee smell or is the coffee that strong!?!?

I’m thinking of making a coffee soap for exfoliating. It’s for my daughter..she’s not a fan of coffee, but needs to exfoliate.. will a FO cover up the coffee smell or is the coffee that strong!?!?
You might use poppy seeds for exfoliation if your daughter dislikes coffee smell.

Just got my brand spanking new soap mould in the post. That means I shall no longer make fractal soap.

I also got a sandalwood FO in the post, and it's amazing stuff, I've never smelt anything so unlike sandalwood in my life, there is absolutely no resemblance whatsoever. So, my next batch may end up being called "Scents of The Taj Mahal Exotic Industrial Cleaning Product". I'm toying with several titles...

Those turned out great. My last coffee soap, I think I accidentally used garden dirt fo instead of coffee. Sooooo disappointing. My shampoo is dirt scented, I really love it, I know, I’m weird, but I just wanted a coffee scented bar. I so want to make some more again, but I just went on a soap making spree. Currently I am contemplating how often I should shower. After reading another soap makers blog, I added another couple bars of soap to my shower stall. Who needs to wait until one bar is done? Have twelve. Wash hands at every sink three times, because there’s three bars of soap. Nope. No ocd here....
I do the very same thing! Maybe Soapmaking attracts OCDers!

I am done soaping for the year. I was able to get a batch of Dragon's Blood, (still low for the season but it will have to do), Straight Patchouli, Patchouli & Vanilla, Vanilla & Lavender, Just Oatmeal (plain oatmeal batch), Peppermint Bliss and Pumpkin Delight. I was busy yesterday. I might pour 1 more today, but I need to get some hats made for the market tomorrow. A couple of my Peppermint Bliss I poured last night. Not done for the year I am going to pour 1 more batch of DB and a batch of Osmanthus per a recommendation from Dibbles I think. If not I apologize to who mentioned this fo.
20191112_101208[1].jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I make a cocoa butter soap, I can usually smell it in the soap but this soap is different. The soap is unscented but coffee tends to neutralize odors. I just didn't expect it to work so well. :(

Anyway, You can use whatever FO, EO, of blend of the two you want. I've found it fun to use a coffee FO before.. BUT, if you are using actual coffee grinds in the soap, make sure the grinds are espresso grind, which is as finely ground as you can get it. Any courser, and that would be a scratchy soap. I also tend to suggest using instant coffee due to sheer laziness.

Just got my brand spanking new soap mould in the post. That means I shall no longer make fractal soap.

I also got a sandalwood FO in the post, and it's amazing stuff, I've never smelt anything so unlike sandalwood in my life, there is absolutely no resemblance whatsoever. So, my next batch may end up being called "Scents of The Taj Mahal Exotic Industrial Cleaning Product". I'm toying with several titles...
:lol:

Busy day. Made two batches:

Mint, lavender and avocado oil

Vanilla, patchouli and almond milk

First one came out a treat, and it's sitting in my new mould. The second smells, well, weird. I like patchouli, but in soap, it creates strange undercurrents (if you know what I mean)

Happy soaping everyone

Latest posts

Back