What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will make my batch next month, I am waiting for my order to come. I will try to make a soap with exotic oil and butters like moringa, babassu, baobab, hemp butter, maru maru butter and sweet almond butter.

I soaped 2 new scents this evening....

Sweet Bay Rose EO/FO blend from WSP -- Moves FAST!!!!!

Abalone & Sea FO from WSP -- this one behaved pretty well.

Can't wait to see them unmolded!

I cut my latest batch which was scented with a cedar and saffron FO. I wanted to do a swirl, but my lye mixture was too cool, so I ended up doing layers. Not the prettiest soap, but I guess it will do.
bL13nfmdu4hSjzLZNeImHDUTyxX0Wswz6nBGVhaubTg=s192-p-no

Opened my package from Daystar to find only half my order was shipped. Wth?!

Sent an email to find out what is going on. Hopefully she sent another package.

Bought some sunflower oil at the grocery store.

Can you not buy a cheap electric kettle? It will only boil fairly small amounts of water but it will be so hot you can easily dilute it with cold and get lots of water hot enough to do dishes.

I could heat water on the stove, but I'm too impatient. I'd rather carry it. ;) Bless his heart, Hubby is taking off work for a while today til he gets it fixed. Hope the city doesn't mess up their part. Yes, we have been without hot water in the kitchen all week. But no, we haven't been cooking really- just heating up soup or bringing home hamburgers.

I still have a container of oil measured and ready to make soap. But this week at work has been one that has not encouraged soap making in the evening- been coming home too tired!

I just made today my hot process 100% coconut soap, I use them to wash dishes as I don't have dish washer. I know that's not a good looking soap but I love them I use it all over my house, and I scented it with fir needles essential oil.

just unmolded a small batch of valentine themed soap. black activated charcoal base with red transparent mp heart embeds (yeah yeah, pretty standard...). wrong placement of embeds, grrrrrr.... it's still too soft to cut, but my fingers are terribly itching to do something about it. i just can't stand the look of it. hope i can survive the next few hours to just wait till it hardens a bit. i just want to do something about it... gaaaaahhhhhh.....

Last night I made a lavender FO soap. White base with a lavender swirl. I didn't have any lavender/purple colorant so I just used UM Blue, and an FDC red color. I should have used more UM blue, and didn't get the FDC mixed as well as I thought I did so I have little pink spots in my soap. :oops:

Interestingly though, I did find a "face" in one of my soaps. :smile:

Well, I think I should just give up on pretty soaps. I made an HP 100% CO soap with 20% SF. I didn't use GM this since I looked in my freezer and my soaping habit is rapidly draining my supply (and I won't have anyone in milk again until April/May). Everything was going well until I decided to separate out a bit to color it. Then I realized I hadn't added enough FO, but I didn't want part of the soap to be super strong and the other part very weak, so I tossed it all back in the crock again. I ended up with a pinkish soap instead of white with purple. Oh well - best laid plans and all that.

Me too!!! Here is a pic of both loaves. Jack Bauer is the darker one. Last time I put coffee grounds on top to give it a "dirt" look but they didn't hold up well so I nixed it this time. It's what goes into it that is symbolic - beer, Peet's Major Dickenson blend coffee, tobacco bay leaf FO, patchouli eo, and sandalwood vanilla FO. It's my most popular bar with friends and family.

1421698379330.jpg

I tested end pieces from two recent batches. I'm super happy about how one of them feels so far (2 weeks into cure), and I want to try the recipe with tallow instead of palm oil next. Now I just have to source some tallow locally or render it myself, since I've spent far too much on shipping recently.

Back