What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Math morning

Spent time this morning measuring my newly made coreplastic molds and figuring out the weight of oils I need for each one. Tomorrow I need to get on the lye calculator and alter my current recipes for those molds.

I also moved some things out of a kitchen area cupboard to the laundry room to make room for the new molds. Pretty soon I won't have room for kitchen pots in the cupboards which are slowly being taken over with soap supplies, tools and molds!

I made a new soap for the upcoming Valentines day. I think it turned out quite well.

IMG_1539.jpg

Ugh, nothing for almost a month! With the holidays, my daughter being home from school, and then a death in the family (which includes my MIL arriving Wed to stay for a week), I am feeling withdrawals from soaping! I got a fun strainer to use for mica lines, and some gorgeous silicone mats to use for texturing the outside of my soaps too! Dying to try them. But I'm outta OO, and have sooooo much to do to get ready for the impending invasion!

I am planning to make a red colour and heart shape soap with geranium, rosewood and palmarosa scent for Valentine's gift

Blech. I burned 4 lbs of lard. I have lye water sitting on the shelf for a 5 lb recipe of soap, so I have to start again.

I was interrupted by the renovation crew (remember the 2 week kitchen renovation....the one that started July 5th? The one that would be done by the end of July...tops..? Yeah. Still going on. Except they don't show up for weeks at a time. And they keep making mistakes...like putting the wrong handles in the wrong place...etc. etc. etc.)

I thought I turned the stove to off, but apparently it was just barely close enough to High. Lovely. This was my first "large" batch too. Glad it was only $5.00 worth of lard.

Now...gonna start over...and not answer the door until I'm done!

I found out that my around the corner middle-eastern grocer expanded their oils section and has more of the not super exotic but more exotic than you'd find at a typical grocery store oils. Picked up some Hazelnut and Almond but they also have some like avocado and safflower (a couple I'll have to look up). Also noticed they are selling olive oils in gallon jugs in the $20 range.

Dale, that soap is so pretty!

Sonya, nice tool you have made there! I made one out of a hanger, but mine does not look very nice at all. Yours looks "professional grade" LOL!

Made my first salt bars! I cannot wait to see how they turn out. I used Ahoy Matey from Daystar. Jeepers, it is a FAST mover. I definitely should have checked reviews on that one first... The smell is lovely though so maybe it will be worth it.

I am planning to make another shampoo bar. I have 2 types of recipe but I am looking for luxury recipe. I will be pleased if anyone can give me a tested recipe. Thank you

Not soap, but made an emulsified sugar scrub for the first time, and it stayed together!

Day Star Order:
2 ozAhoy, Matey
8 ozToffee-Sugar Crunch
2 ozParsley Water
8 ozSalty Sailor
2 ozMilk Sugar Kisses
2 ozKazi-Kazi

Bah! Too excited!

I just made some salt bars with their Ahoy, Matey. I love the scent but be prepared... it accelerates really fast!

Mine was a full water subbed out with CM. CO 90% 10% Castor recipe. FO added to oils before lye. I had to add some water to it just to get it mixed together. Thankfully, the salt actually seemed to loosen it up enough to get into a mold.

The kitchen smells awesome right now though!

I just made some salt bars with their Ahoy, Matey. I love the scent but be prepared... it accelerates really fast!

Mine was a full water subbed out with CM. CO 90% 10% Castor recipe. FO added to oils before lye. I had to add some water to it just to get it mixed together. Thankfully, the salt actually seemed to loosen it up enough to get into a mold.

The kitchen smells awesome right now though!

Good to know Snappyllama! I love their salty sailor for my salt bars but I kept reading suggestions for the ahoy matey so I just had to give it a try!

Latest posts

Back