What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unboxed this bad boy. Bow chicka wow wow.
10433159_773883439415_654294266824798882_n.jpg

Also made new kitchen sink soap, theme of "green stuff": kamchatka volcanic clay, green oxide, french green clay, spirulina, pow. goat milk, Aromahaven ming fern & lavender FO, cedarwood EO.

WS order arrived

After waiting 3 weeks, my first WS ordered finally arrived, so I got that unpacked. A candy mold (looks like mini peanut butter cups) that I bought on Amazon also arrived. I'm hoping to use that to make bath truffles. The other WS order has now shipped and is due next Monday.

I also ordered a soap planer from etsy yesterday. They're made to order, so I have no idea when that will be arriving. Since I have to go in for an endoscopy and minor surgery on my lower esophagus Friday, and our son coming up for the weekend, I'm holding off on soap making till next week.

I also spent some time today working on soap calc and coming up with a couple of new recipes to try. Also bought some 100% avocado oil at Costco for $9.99 for 33.8oz. I can use it for cooking or soaping and didn't have to pay any shipping which is always a good thing.

June

I made 2 cylinder molds and have enough pipe left over for several more also bought liners to put in the molds. I tried out my pink and yellow soap and found out it isn't as good as my purple and yellow soap but it'll do for now.
Here's my molds I made. Will be excited to try them out in a couple of days.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421822042.184252.jpg

Oh oh oh I'm so excited!!!! I'm giddy with excitement...I made my first successful swirl tonight then I messed it up a little on the top. This is the before pic.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421898556.184122.jpg

Here's the after so farImageUploadedBySoap Making1421898663.812972.jpg

I will unmold tomorrow or Friday. Will let yall know how it goes.

My new Soapy Studio is functional. As my hubby and I were working he found that none of the home wiring done by the previous owner was grounded so he re-did it all. I just moved in and realized I'm going to need more shelving soon. Curing racks from soapequipment.com still on my wish list. All of my unwrapped soap still upstairs. It's 16x26 - cozy enough to move around easily.

SoapStudio1.jpg

close-up crocks1.jpg

Close-up desk.jpg

SoapStudio3.jpg

SoapStudio5.jpg

I just cut my soap today, scented with blueberry muffin FO from new direction aromatics it smell delicious but very overpowering it's very strong. I put 50 grams for 1000 grams of oil. Did I put too much?ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421918870.541097.jpg

I'm home today and CPOP-ing (if that's a word) a Castille that refuses to get solid enough to unmold without breaking. Yeah, I didn't discount the water enough. My bad.

It's now baking at 170 and I am NOT turning off the oven for some hours yet, until everything goes back into gel phase and hopefully drives off some water for me.

Cannot see the shimmer of the micas in the photo, but I painted this yesterday - inspired by an abstract floral painting on my wall - and challenged by one of our partners/friend.

2015-01-22 11.48.12.jpg

My new Soapy Studio is functional. As my hubby and I were working he found that none of the home wiring done by the previous owner was grounded so he re-did it all. I just moved in and realized I'm going to need more shelving soon. Curing racks from soapequipment.com still on my wish list. All of my unwrapped soap still upstairs. It's 16x26 - cozy enough to move around easily.

Soap envy!

My first cylinder pour. I hope it turns out right. But if not I won't be surprised....my colors are crap lol....
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421977212.919596.jpg

All in all my first swirl loaf will be ready to cut tomorrow. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421977160.445103.jpg

I just re-organized everything and took inventory. Getting ready to resupply all my ingredients -- prepping for another round of soap making. I always dread the inventory part, but get really excited to go on a soap making rampage!

Tried out making a peacock swirl. Those are a bit harder than they look. I had to freehand it with a chopstick since I don't have any smancy tools. I was pretty happy with it until I smooshed it with my pinky. Sigh. It smells nice though. WSP Tonka Bean Noir.

Next time, I'll make the circular swirls smaller and avoid smooshing incidents.

IMG_0098_zpse1aaeaa8.jpg

Ooh I love those colours! It looks fab and I can't see where you smooshed it

I have been writing up my notes from my 3 attempted butterfly swirls

Also took some sample bars of my cured soaps to a lady I know that has a craft shop. She's gonna give samples to people that come to her craft classes to get some feedback for me

Thanks Sonya! The smooshing occurred on a bar I didn't photograph, but it did move around all the swirls and drip bits of batter all of the place. Stupid fingers, how am I supposed to keep track of ten of them all the time?

Good luck on the craft shop!

Latest posts

Back