What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went and got more lye today and while I was in the store a soap caught my eye--it was labeled as grammas plain dry itchy lye soap hahahaha--I don't know if that is how it was supposed to come off but all I could think was "well hellsbells I want some of that itchy dry skin"

Not today, but i feel i got a bit carried away with the soap making this past weeks...

IMG_3849.JPG

In my defense i had a buch of FO’s to try and I also wanted to finish some OO and some lard I still had hanging around. Oh! And some cream.

Not today, but i feel i got a bit carried away with the soap making this past weeks...

View attachment 39039

In my defense i had a buch of FO’s to try and I also wanted to finish some OO and some lard I still had hanging around. Oh! And some cream.
Such pretty colours Alfa.

Today when I get home from work i expect to see my avocado oil, shea butter and new FOs at the door. I will then make my oat milk and oatmeal soap. Fragrances arriving are: Oat Milk and Honey, Banana Crunch, Brandied Pear, and Creamy Coconut. The problem will be which one to choose for the soap ( or maybe a combo of a couple of them). Any suggestions appreciated.

I am playing with what is in stock today
I feel your pain. I started doing the same yesterday to get ready for my first show of the year. Lots of packaging to do! I'm also pulling stock from one of the salons, they haven't sold anything since October. My upcoming show is 15k attendance so I should be able to sell something. Anyways, counting was driving me nuts. Oh and trying to pack for the show as I go in a way that filled the totes full but still in some kind of organization... I need something stronger than tea!

Made a foaming sugar scrub over the weekend. Daughter and I both tried it and we like it - it could be more scrubby for me, but she thought it was great. She is having friends over on Friday for a last day of school party so we will be making it with them. I have some figuring out so that each girl can do her own color and scent and fill the jars I have. I also did lots of math to figure out bubble batch size to fit in my pineapple shaped mold... and then discovered that SM3 will do the math for me. (we were within .2g of each other so now I think I'm a stinking genius, lol) I masterbatched my lye, but didn't get oils done. Maybe tonight. Also have a tote full of dishes to do again.

Well, I wasn't planning on making any soap today. But I was out in my shop and noticed some tubing I could probably slip over my coat hangar. The tubing was probably 3/8" or so outside diameter so it's a bit bigger than I would have liked but wanted to try it out before I made my new swirl tool. So, soaping began.

Not super pretty colors. Used a yellow iron oxide (which looked more burnt orange) and left the other portion uncolored. It will get a little more white as it's still warm to the touch atm! "Suede" FO

Closer to what I'm looking for. Think I need a little thinner swirl tool now though, lol.

This was hot processed.

PhotoPictureResizer_190520_170320693_crop_3275x1645-1310x658.jpg

Well, I wasn't planning on making any soap today. But I was out in my shop and noticed some tubing I could probably slip over my coat hangar. The tubing was probably 3/8" or so outside diameter so it's a bit bigger than I would have liked but wanted to try it out before I made my new swirl tool. So, soaping began.

Not super pretty colors. Used a yellow iron oxide (which looked more burnt orange) and left the other portion uncolored. It will get a little more white as it's still warm to the touch atm! "Suede" FO

Closer to what I'm looking for. Think I need a little thinner swirl tool now though, lol.

This was hot processed.

View attachment 39041

Very cool. Looks like wheat.

This was hot processed.

View attachment 39041

Im excited to have another Soaper who does HP! I like the way your soap looks with that color yellow, very summer and fresh like.

I made bubble bars today. Takes me less time to make them than soap but 10 times longer to dry. Im just not a patient person.

Tomorrow Ill be sitting by the mailbox waiting for the Mica I got sent for free. I have a company Ive purchased from before that sends me stuff t try out and give feedback on good or bad. Im hoping its good though so I can use the rest of the mica :nodding:

To shunt2011

Saw this post and just wanted to ask you, because your pics are beautiful, do you have to deal with soda ash? I'm a newbie (not even soaping for a month), just finished my 4th batch ever and the ash has only gotten worse per batch. I just was wondering if someone very soap experienced deals with it still.
Thank you so much!!

My molds give me 16 bars each. I generally take 12-14 of each scent. I will take 300-400 bars generally. Those that are consistently good sellers I take more of and those that aren't good sellers (unscented) I only take a handful.
Wow! I have a long way to go before I’m at your level. I only brought 10 bars each of 10 different soaps to the Tractor Supply Market Day this past weekend and sold a little less than half. In fact my CPA called me a hobby! I guess that’s all I am right now, but a girl (64 year old woman) can dream can’t she?

Wow! I have a long way to go before I’m at your level. I only brought 10 bars each of 10 different soaps to the Tractor Supply Market Day this past weekend and sold a little less than half. In fact my CPA called me a hobby! I guess that’s all I am right now, but a girl (64 year old woman) can dream can’t she?
Without dreams, what do you have?

Latest posts

Back