What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke the wire on my log-splitter this morning. What a bummer! Ended up using my rocking pizza cutter that I originally bought for that purpose. Sure glad I have it, but I still can't cut straight so there are no perfect right angles. Ordered new replacement wires.

To shunt2011

Saw this post and just wanted to ask you, because your pics are beautiful, do you have to deal with soda ash? I'm a newbie (not even soaping for a month), just finished my 4th batch ever and the ash has only gotten worse per batch. I just was wondering if someone very soap experienced deals with it still.
Thank you so much!!

Start a new thread and in the thread post your recipe and process. Any additives, liquids etc as well. Many times ash forms because of too much water, some fragrances have a tendency to ash, not keeping covered until fully saponified etc...

made a soap with left over soap pieces--they were curls and not sure that I got soap in all the curls--I gave it the old college try though :), my monkey fart soap from yesterday didn't turn out like I wanted--not that its bad just not what I wanted. I will be off dog sitting tomorrow for 4 days so nothing soapy--might be nice to just get away for awhile...…..but I will be in a town where I am entering a craft fair and I need to go do my application

Im sitting here giggling over 24 brand new jars of Mica and trying to decide what to do first, Soap? More Bubble Bars? Salt Cakes? All 3?

a maniacal little giggle? haha 24 new jars wowser--you better get off here and get busy :) we will be seeing a lot of pictures coming from you then??

I guess this is a soapy thing...

Made a hanger swirl tool. Made it out of 1/4" stainless rod and welded on the upright ends. Also made some little handles for grip on the ends out of some garolite.

Not much to it but I've got some different size rods and may experiment with sizes to find what works best for the fluidity I get in my HP soap.

:D

PhotoPictureResizer_190521_155028094_crop_3833x1518-1341x531.jpg

Made a hanger swirl tool. Made it out of 1/4" stainless rod and welded on the upright ends. Also made some little handles for grip on the ends out of some garolite.

Not much to it but I've got some different size rods and may experiment with sizes to find what works best for the fluidity I get in my HP soap.

View attachment 39075

very professional job!!!

View attachment 39075
That makes me envious lol

No soapy thing for a few days now, however, I did receive my shipment of clays which I'm excited about. More natural colorants for me! :D

had a few batches of lavender soap which my mom requested for her friends. she was adamant that i put the buds inside the soap coz she likes it. i told her it wasnt a good idea, yet i complied. now i gotta deal with lotsa bars that has these disgusting drag marks that i gotta clean up! pissed!

other than that, got quite a few eos to try, a couple of new molds, and my single wire cutter has arrived. i have a lot of things to play with, yay!

oh, and a 100 piece guest soap order that i gotta finish in a week. thank god it's mp!

life is quite busy in my lil soapy kingdom :D
What sort of mold do you use for guest soaps? I want to make small soaps and tried cutting my larger bars but always end up with some uneven cuts-waste. Very frustrating.

had a few batches of lavender soap which my mom requested for her friends. she was adamant that i put the buds inside the soap coz she likes it. i told her it wasnt a good idea, yet i complied. now i gotta deal with lotsa bars that has these disgusting drag marks that i gotta clean up! pissed!

other than that, got quite a few eos to try, a couple of new molds, and my single wire cutter has arrived. i have a lot of things to play with, yay!

oh, and a 100 piece guest soap order that i gotta finish in a week. thank god it's mp!

life is quite busy in my lil soapy kingdom :D
I too dislike the buds but my daughter-in-law and our son own a lavender farm and I make their soap and so the buds go in.

a maniacal little giggle? haha 24 new jars wowser--you better get off here and get busy :) we will be seeing a lot of pictures coming from you then??
Well it you probably would have except for a decided I was just going to lay down for an hour. yeah I just woke up. Must have been from all the excitement lol

For now, this pic will have to do...

mica.jpg

Last edited:
I cut my curly embed soap this morning--after breaking 2 strings on my cutter (time to change out my strings? haha) there were a couple that I didn't get the curlies filled enough but the ones that worked turned out really nice. I poured thinner and used a bottle to fill up the curlies but if I were to ever try it again I think I would pour at a bit thicker of a trace maybe try to fill the tighter curls first

I cut my curly embed soap this morning--after breaking 2 strings on my cutter (time to change out my strings? haha) there were a couple that I didn't get the curlies filled enough but the ones that worked turned out really nice. I poured thinner and used a bottle to fill up the curlies but if I were to ever try it again I think I would pour at a bit thicker of a trace maybe try to fill the tighter curls first
Did you post pics?

Latest posts

Back