What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to cut my eucalyptus mint today. Not as pretty as Saponista's b&w version... But you can kinda see the attempt to swirl...

1453900523066.jpg

making embeds that I prepared for yesterday, mixed the batter this morning cause I didn't get to it last night. now I'm waiting for the batter to be thick enough to pipe roses.

making embeds that I prepared for yesterday, mixed the batter this morning cause I didn't get to it last night. now I'm waiting for the batter to be thick enough to pipe roses.

t4421.gif
Ooooh, pictures you will post, after the piping of teh soap, yes?? :mrgreen:

I waited 2 hours, I think I need to wait 3 hours next time, The roses are a bit sloppy, but will work. I made roses as well, so when I make my soap (Lavender scented) I will split it in 2 batches & make the piping batch 2 hours before I soap the main batch.

12592478_10156505216875646_8966734270527887778_n.jpg

up close-
12631369_10156505216655646_6211018344865865453_n.jpg

I waited 2 hours, I think I need to wait 3 hours next time, The roses are a bit sloppy, but will work. I made roses as well, so when I make my soap (Lavender scented) I will split it in 2 batches & make the piping batch 2 hours before I soap the main batch.

12592478_10156505216875646_8966734270527887778_n.jpg

up close-
12631369_10156505216655646_6211018344865865453_n.jpg

I think they turned out nicely for a first try. My husband actually asked me last night if I had tried to make roses with my soap batter since I use to decorate cakes years ago. Might have to give it a try see if I can.

I ordered a Bud H., single wire cutter this morning. Goodbye cheese cutter! It should arrive around the time the FO's I ordered at WS sale the other day. There's enough around here to keep me busy with things (like going to Best Buy to replace my dead Samsung smart tv), other than soap making, while I wait for those orders to arrive.

up close-

If you feel they became a bit "sloppy", just call them Sloppy Rose (as a pun to Sloppy Joe`s...:mrgreen: )

I think those will look really cool when you put them on soap! And I really like the color too.

I am so new to this!! But my mom loved what I did as Christmas gifts that she asked me to do soap
as her wedding favors. Just finalized the recipe and scents. Will start this Friday. Wedding is in March!

"Oh man I'm out of lemongrass, and all I have is this stuff I got from WF med before I figured out they're awful. Well maybe this oil of theirs isn't terrible and it was just the peppermint"

One five second burst later I had literal soap on a stick(blender)

made sure that my piped roses were 1 inch for tomorrows soap, of which I'll be doing two batches same recipe, the first one for my piping, the 2nd for the main batch. I'll mix up the first batch, stick blend it to death, let it sit for 2 hours, then prepare my main batch..& pipe 30 minutes after I've filled my molds & the top has set up.

Waiting for my new stove to be delivered today (the old one broke, but it was over 20 years old so I will allow it to be retired into scrapmetal, farewell ol`buddy, you served us faithfully. (Well, I actually served the food ...)

Anyway, while waiting for it to arrive I have been reading and searching, and noticing people are talking about their tries in feb`s challenge. But I can`t seem to find any info of what the challenge is! I just read the hint that we may need a slab mold. But how do people know what the challenge is yet, if the february-challenge thread hasn`t been officially posted? Have I gone blind:confused: (that may very well be the case actually, I am going to get my eyes checked on wednesday...:think:)

You haven't gone blind. It isn't posted yet. Our ringleader is making the video demoing the technique.

Thank you, good to know!:)
Can`t wait to see what it is, and what the criterias are ( if you have had to be a member for at least x months, have x amounts of posts, etc)

Since it's supposed to be 60 degrees here today...in Missouri, in Jan, wow... I going to head to the local Amish store to stock up on CO, OO, and mason jars. And will most likely end up with a bunch of spices too :)

Made my first lard soap today ☺ took me a while to find a local supermarket that sometimes stocks it. Excited to see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back