What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I printed off a bunch of soapcalc sheets with 1 lb batches to use some FOs up and to test out 3 different oils at 10% in my basic recipe. I'm fine tuning it now that I have mostly figured out my recipe.

I also made a loaf using NG's Love Spell dupe.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1453242463.036656.jpg

I'm trying to convince myself to go prep for a lotion tonight since I have IPM to play with now.

My Soaping for this month :D
- Bee Pollen Soap
- Orange Soap
- Camomile soap
- Chocolate Soap
- Coffee Soap
- Oatmeal & Banana Soap
- Frankenscnece and Myrrhe Soap

_20160120_194348.jpg

I WAS going to make some soaps that resembled cookies but when I dropped in the EO and touched the stick blender I said "soap on a stick {expletive}" and changed plans. I already had the backup mold ready. It's in the oven gelling now.:(

I'll try a high lard recipe after I get back from the store. And a different EO / FO .

Got some new toys so I printed up my new labels (with corrected ingredient list) and gave it a whirl. Not too shabby for a girl with a broken finger! I definitely need more practice but can see that I will like this much better than the cigar band style I was doing.

1453440112068.jpg

1453440164900.jpg

Got some new toys so I printed up my new labels (with corrected ingredient list) and gave it a whirl. Not too shabby for a girl with a broken finger! I definitely need more practice but can see that I will like this much better than the cigar band style I was doing.
Hi, amd! That's the same gun I use! Be careful with that one..it is VERY EFFECTIVE, but gets super hot, quickly. And it doesn't stand up on end too well. But I LOVE IT, anyway!

Hi, amd! That's the same gun I use! Be careful with that one..it is VERY EFFECTIVE, but gets super hot, quickly. And it doesn't stand up on end too well. But I LOVE IT, anyway!

It does indeed get hot! I'm going to do some playing again tonight so maybe I can dial it in better and get a better idea of timing and handling too. Last night I did manage to master trimming bags which made the last handful a breeze.

I made soap using karanja oil ....so far in the mold it's a lovely shade of orangish yellow....hope it stays that way. Will know tomorrow when I cut it...ill post pics as soon as it's cut!!!

I fixed the batch I messed up last weekend. It's going to need a very long cure to evaporate the water in it. But, it looks better at least! I had already packed most of my silicone molds to move but the star mold was a straggler so I put the extras in there. I actually think it all came out looking ok in the end.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1453565334.486733.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1453565356.138102.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1453565366.772656.jpg

I took a stab at making a Galaxy soap. Used "Beneath The Stars" FO from WSP and it accelerated like mad so my colors didn't swirl well at all. :(

I fixed the batch I messed up last weekend. It's going to need a very long cure to evaporate the water in it. But, it looks better at least! I had already packed most of my silicone molds to move but the star mold was a straggler so I put the extras in there. I actually think it all came out looking ok in the end.

Your soap looks great galaxy. How did you "fix" it?

Your soap looks great galaxy. How did you "fix" it?

Thanks! I had to rebatch it and add oil to have a 5% SF. I also added a little bit of yellow mica. Then I did 3 layers where I added TD to get it whiter in each layer. I did a gold mica line (although it's hard to see in the pictures) in between the layers. Right now it is extremely soft. It's sitting at about 40% water weight.

This soap has 70% canola, 20% coconut, and 10% olive. I think it should be ok after a cure. I'm not too worried about DOS since I saponification all of the canola with the lye excess and added in olive oil after the cook. We'll see. It will be a soap for donations in a few months as long as it still look/smells good and is safe.

Last edited:
Thanks! I had to rebatch it and add oil to have a 5% SF. I also added a little bit of yellow mica. Then I did 3 layers where I added TD to get it whiter in each layer. I did a gold mica line (although it's hard to see in the pictures) in between the layers. Right now it is extremely soft. It's sitting at about 40% water weight.

This soap has 70% canola, 20% coconut, and 10% olive. I think it should be ok after a cure. I'm not too worried about DOS since I saponification all of the canola with the lye excess and added in olive oil after the cook. We'll see. It will be a soap for donations in a few months as long as it still look/smells good and is safe.

A lot of people's rebatches look less than perfect. This one is great!

Good save. Fingers crossed that it cures well.

Back