What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I had to rebatch it and add oil to have a 5% SF. I also added a little bit of yellow mica. Then I did 3 layers where I added TD to get it whiter in each layer. I did a gold mica line (although it's hard to see in the pictures) in between the layers. Right now it is extremely soft. It's sitting at about 40% water weight.

This soap has 70% canola, 20% coconut, and 10% olive. I think it should be ok after a cure. I'm not too worried about DOS since I saponification all of the canola with the lye excess and added in olive oil after the cook. We'll see. It will be a soap for donations in a few months as long as it still look/smells good and is safe.
That makes much more sense! I thought you rebatched the soap with the mica line into the stars and was like: why would she do that? It was so pretty! I wonder what was wrong with it. Haha

I've just finished a small batch of salt bars. On top it's some Hawaiian red salt. Let's wait some months.
Kisses from Spain!!
ca0e74ab4ab4198e7cef8dc3ba9e4f12.jpg

I made a batch of Java Jumpstart soap as I was completely out. I'll have to do something with that recipe; I always pour too little of the base and too much of the java part...every time.

I also made two batches of face/hand/body cream this weekend. It's not soapy but it sure is decadent!

I'm rebatching a loaf in which I accidentally used non-soap-stable mica in, boo!
WSP red-orange oil-locking mica. I bought it for lip gloss, and thought I would remember not to use it in CP (it doesn't say not to on the package itself)... but when I was making my Passionfruit-rose soap I saw it in the basket and it looked like the perfect color :lolno: Also I did something weird with the top that I ended up not liking; black rose imbeds with mica drizzle across them. Interestingly, the mica on top (I used the same one) stayed true to color (bright pink), but the swirl inside discolored to a rusty orange.
SO, into the pot it goes, hopefully it will come out looking better than before looking better than before. It's been AGES since I've rebatched.

Wsp red orange oil locking mica morphs in cp! I bought it because the description of the morph sounds (and is) the orange color I love! It's a peachy orange that is lovely in soap.

I'm washing soap dishes so I can make a batch of Ginger Lime salt bars today. I've spent the last two days dealing with 30" of snow, so I'm hoping the scent will whisk me away to somewhere tropical.

Kids are out early for a snow day -which means I also get an early out of work (I live 35 miles from work). I think I will try to clean up some dishes from last week's soapy adventures and then dirty some more making eucalyptus mint soap. Going to try the technique that Saponista showed in the b&w challenge video. (I'm terrible about not knowing what stuff us called....) My soap will be white and green though. And still working with impression mats to get a feel for unmolding time. It seems to be a bit different than my regular paper lined molds.

I made my first embed yesterday. It is a 25mm cylinder. It turned out ok but I think the silcone liner I lined it with wasn't 100% clean as there are little spots on the outside of the cylinder. I have washed them off but the embed isn't going to be perfectly round. :cry:

Yay, I have finally purchased goats milk for the first time, it has been soooo hard to find here for some reason!:? I have looked everywhere *sigh* (I live in a rural area, perhaps that is why)
I really want to make pure goats milk soap without any fragrance to see how if fares compared to my unscented coconut/lard soap with coconut milk as water. I need to see if I like it.

I make my embeds with cp soap, same recipe as my main batch, I've prepared my lye water, oils, & additives to make my embed batch tonight...gonna try to pipe roses..& am trying to make a fan embed (to look like a paper fan you wave in front of your face, I cut up a lace paper doily to have in the bottom of empty yogurt containers will cut each into 4ths.

Cut yesterday's soap. I've got speckles!
Then I prebatched colours into oil and sealed them in jars with labels. Realised I had a couple of battery powered drimmels laying around from years ago and made a mini stick blender out of one. Works great with water. Now to try it on a batch...

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

do you have a recipe for bee pollen soap?? what are the benefits of bee pollen soap? I have honey bees and am trying to utilize everything I can for soapmaking. I think I'll start another thread for that one. lol

do you have a recipe for bee pollen soap?? what are the benefits of bee pollen soap? I have honey bees and am trying to utilize everything I can for soapmaking. I think I'll start another thread for that one. lol

Probably a good idea to start a new thread because people only come on this thread to say what they have done for the day not to help per se. :)

Back