What is your favorite scrubby additive?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lolaroxyb said:
I am new to soap making...how do you get the scrubby ingredients to suspend in the soap??? I just tried finely ground oatmeal and it sunk completely to the bottom!!!

Are you doing CP or MP soapmaking? With CP you should have a fairly thick trace before adding the scrubby stuff. With MP....not sure since I don't do it but I would think you have to add the scrubbies when the mix is a little cooler than normal.

Cathy,
We are making soap from the glycerin from the biodiesel process. We heat the glycerin to 100 f and then add the scent and shea or olive oil etc. We then add the lye water mix also at 100 f mix the whole batch and pour into the molds. The next day we cut and tray the soap to cure for 30 days. We cut oatmeal down by three quarters and poured into the molds a little cooler. I guess we will see tomorrow if it helped? I'm up for any suggestions, we have not found anyone near us that makes this type of soap. We make liquid and bars, it is amazing at degreasing! If you would like to see a few pictures, take a look at our gallery page.
www.thebrownsoapcompany.com
Thanks for your help!
Jason

Back