What if only one

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If price isn't including in the equation, I would say Majestic Mountain Sage. I've had more consistent winners from there than any other supplier. The quality is top drawer, their fragrance calc is spot on, and most of what I've used in the past sticks. I found a bar of their Green Cactus the other day that is so old I have no remembrance of when it was made. (Of course, at my age, I have the same problem with the bars on the curing rack right now. LOL Good thing I now use one of their Cure Card Sheets.

Last edited:
I suspect that recipes play a huge part of how scents come through in soap,
I agree. My lard soaps are the best for holding scents. I have a few on a shelf near the front door and I can smell that fragrance whenever I go out to get the mail. But that fragrance happens to be the ONLY one from WSP that worked well for me that I love.

I was a long-time WSP "Silver" level customer and as such, got FO freebies. i'd say I would have to go through 100 of their scents to find a winner. For example, I think they have about 8 lemony scents with nuthin' to write here about. Haha. BUT, that's just me. Still a good company to do business with. ;)

Last edited:
I have to fully disagree on this ! I have about 80 FO's from NG and NONE have Faded. Only one I had an issue with was the Cranberry because of the 1% usage but the scent came out at 4 months and is STILL holding after a year. Not strong but holding and also holding in a Mix I have too.
I have a bunch of soaps I made OVER 1.5 years from NG and they are holding Strong. So you must be one of the only ones as there are No bad reviews on NG website about that Orange Chili scent.
No not dismiss NG, they have some FAB scents and great prices. Not to mention they ship out super fast !
@lenarenee copy of my post, Please Do Not put words in my mouth as I did not say you were inept. The 'Other Post' you are referring to was not to you, was it.
Again, don't put words in my mouth.
You can put me on ignore and there won't be any more issues.

To the OP, I also have a couple from BCN, some not liking and a few others I really like.
Look on the FO review Excel and see what is on there for where and what :)

I feel like BB is an anomaly. Their products are waaay overpriced (like you would see with a company that has free shipping) but then their shipping is also ridiculous...and slow....

I'm not saying their stuff isn't good... I like a lot of their scents. I just can't justify my purchases from them anymore.
I just recently order 16 different FOs from BB. The total cost was $123.05 for an assortment of 2 and 4 oz sizes and the shipping was $12.29 to Virginia from Washington state. That’s a shipping bargain. Scent-wise, I find the quality of BB FOs to be very good, and that’s also my opinion for those from MMS. I can’t offer an opinion on how well any scent sticks because I’ve only been using FOs for a few months.

I feel like BB is an anomaly. Their products are waaay overpriced (like you would see with a company that has free shipping) but then their shipping is also ridiculous...and slow....

I'm not saying their stuff isn't good... I like a lot of their scents. I just can't justify my purchases from them anymore.

I only order from BB when I see they have a good deal with shipping. Other than that, sourcing oils is a bit of a pain. I've never had a problem with BB's shipping either and I'm further east than you. I guess, I don't mind waiting and/or Wish trained my patience.

I only order from BB when I see they have a good deal with shipping. Other than that, sourcing oils is a bit of a pain. I've never had a problem with BB's shipping either and I'm further east than you. I guess, I don't mind waiting and/or Wish trained my patience.

I guess I should say, when paying so much for shipping, it's annoying to have to wait so long. Handling last order for me took like a week, and then shipping was another 5 days or so. It wasn't a sale week. At least shipping on wish is free.

I guess I should say, when paying so much for shipping, it's annoying to have to wait so long. Handling last order for me took like a week, and then shipping was another 5 days or so. It wasn't a sale week. At least shipping on wish is free.
If you haven't already, sign up for their emails. That's the best way to find when BB is having a sale or discounted shipping. Just use a dummy account unless you're one of those normies that wouldn't dare have more than 2 emails. :lol:

BB shipping is extremely SLOW!! Sometimes I even forget about having placed an order and then one day it’ll happen to show up!

If you haven't already, sign up for their emails. That's the best way to find when BB is having a sale or discounted shipping. Just use a dummy account unless you're one of those normies that wouldn't dare have more than 2 emails. :lol:
I have worked the heck out of the SUMMER19 code for 20% off!

I agree. I think their fragrances are generally good and I like a lot of them, but they are REALLY slow with processing orders. I've placed an order with BB and others on a Friday at the same time and the other shipments will arrive on Monday or Tues, but I don't get a shipping confirmation from BB until Tues or Weds. Their stuff is expensive and since they package in glass bottles, their shipping costs are high. I order when there is free shipping or some sort of discount, and certainly not when I need something quickly.

I found Nurture Soap by accident, and I tried it because they offer free shipping over $30. High shipping prices are a real turnoff for me. I have abandoned several orders at BB because the shipping cost was more than half the cost of what I was ordering. :shakinghead:

That being said, I have LOVED almost every FO I got from Nuture. The Lush dupes are spot on. Their M&P bases are very low sweat for anyone doing M&P or embeds, and their micas are good too. The downside is they don't offer a lot of things--molds (CP loaf type), micas and fragrances make up most of what they have.
I like Nurture Soap a lot. Their fragrances are great and shipping is quick. There is free shipping, but I'm sure that just means there is some shipping cost added to the price of the item.

I have also gotten good fragrances from Lone Star Candle Supply that stick in soap. The Flaming Candle also has nice fragrances but haven't used them long enough to see how they stick.

Like Zany, I would have to go with MMS. Most of my fragrance oils come from them - the quality, performance and staying power are top notch, they ship out fairly fast and if you spend something like $200 you get free shipping. Unlike so many other soapers, I don't get any FO's from WSP as I've never found any that suited me. I get one oil from BB because it holds in CP and people really like it and I buy Perfect Man from NG and that's it from them. I also shop at Oregon Trail Soap Supplies, Sweet Cakes, Elements B&B and Symphony Scents.

Like Zany, I would have to go with MMS. Most of my fragrance oils come from them - the quality, performance and staying power are top notch, they ship out fairly fast and if you spend something like $200 you get free shipping. Unlike so many other soapers, I don't get any FO's from WSP as I've never found any that suited me. I get one oil from BB because it holds in CP and people really like it and I buy Perfect Man from NG and that's it from them. I also shop at Oregon Trail Soap Supplies, Sweet Cakes, Elements B&B and Symphony Scents.

When I started soaping (M&P and rebatch), I got a lot from MMS and Oregon Trail. MMS Wild Mint and Ivy is still one of my favorites, as is Oregon Trail's Sapmoss. When I started up again after a hiatus of several years, ScentWorks, which had some of my favorites, was long gone, and I discovered Nurture.
Carrie at Nurture has fabulous Lush dupes, free shipping over $30, is quick, and usually includes a sample. But thanks to the enablers on this forum, I've tried Fragrance Buddy and Nature's Garden.

What I really need to do is stop buying fragrance oils. :beatinghead:

Does anyone use Aztec? I was wondering how they compare to some of the other ones that have been mentioned.

Does anyone use Aztec? I was wondering how they compare to some of the other ones that have been mentioned.
The best way to search SMF is Google:
(type your keywords here) site:soapmakingforum.com
Like this:
Aztec, site:soapmakingforum.com

Back