What FO's do you like for CP soap??????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llineb

Reaction score
I usually make M&P and have my 5 top sellers for the last 2 years. I just made my first batch of CP soap and wondered what to use that you could really smell using this process. People usually say they by my M&P soaps b/c they like the colors and can smell the scents. I know the scents are toned down when making lye soap so I just wondered what most of you are using??????

I use any fragrance oil that's CP safe. I don't find the scent toned down at all. It depends on the quality and how much you use per lb.

Ditto what Soapbuddy said.

Although it's true that certain FOs can morph and/or fade in CP, that doesn't mean that all FOs morph and/or fade. There are tons and tons that are fantastically strong with never-ending staying power. I should know- I'm a Fo Ho with tons and tons of FOs! :wink: And the majority of those that I have are awesome in my CP.

Have you checked out the ScentReviewBoard?: http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/ That's where I go to check things out before deciding to buy a scent. It's an invaluable resource that I'd hate to ever be without.

IrishLass :)

theres tons of places, I favor Peakcandle.com or naturesgarden. You can look at what everyone is saying about peak, most reviews good.

I love Brambleberry Dark Rich Chocolate and Chipotle Caramel in CP soap. They smell wonderful. I love patchouli EO and sweet orange EO in soap.

steffm said:
I love Brambleberry Dark Rich Chocolate and Chipotle Caramel in CP soap. They smell wonderful. I love patchouli EO and sweet orange EO in soap.

the Chipotle Caramel sounds yummy! I just ordered the Butter Cream Snicker Doodle from there. I will have to try that one next time!

I have only made four batches of soap so far so I don't have lots of experience behind me but my soap smells wonderful. I used Chamomille flowers cooked in the olive oil strained the oil and used in the recipe. Crushed a cup full of the cooked flowers and added at trace. Used Neroli F.O. 2 tablespoons for 25 bar batch. It smells very good . I also used a little Vanilla berry in one batch and it is awesome. The last batch of soap I made I use Like me all over and It smells good enough to eat.. I will definitely use that fO again.

steffm said:

Oh yay! I just ordered chipotle caramel! Can't wait to try it.

Latest posts

Back