What do you think of this loaf mold??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see Mr Do Right is trying to escape his past.

Mr. Do Right: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5-HDPE-NO-LIN ... 5d30aefe7c

olemanandsons (same stuff as your etsy. but the ebay shows the phone number): http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDPE-Two-Soap-M ... 2566c58a87

same phone number.

He has some followers. And some who think his molds are crap.
So buyer beware. I myself had bad experience with warped, leaking molds that were far from linerless.

regarding HDPE, I find it challenging. Silicone is infinitely easier - in my opinion.

Iiiiinteresting. So he had a bad rep before, and has somehow revamped his image? I don't really use ebay much, but he has 2000+ 5 star ratings. Are those easy to falsify?

Ugh, to be honest the lazy part of me is soooooo attracted by the thought of not having to line my mold.

I was looking for some 3 to 4lb silicone loaf molds of the WSP variety (the reinforced kind), but I can't seem to find any larger ones. Do you know any? The biggest one I've found is about 2lbs.

some love his stuff - still don't know how that is, but...
some here even like him.

me, my experiences were not good.

i cannot figure out how he's managed to sell so many molds. DOES make me wonder, but I don't think it's easy to fix the score...

Can't see how he can justify $45 postage everywhere else, which is what I'd have to pay, sooo, guess what, there's no way I would buy one on that alone.

Those molds were given to me as a gift. They definitely need to be lined. Can't say I'm happy with them or that they are worth the price he's selling them at, but they work all right for me when lined.

I have a wooden TOG log mold that has a foam like liner that requires no lining. It is a 1/4" thick and just pops into the wood mold. I have no idea what it is made of, but it works well. I have had my mold for awhile and been pleased. I think there have been issues for others not receiving their molds in a timely manner, but for me it has worked great.

Are those dimensions going to work for you? They are non-standard and might be kind of fussy to cut. (10.2x5x2.5)

I'd go for the $11 dollar ones - each one makes 8 standard sized bars of soap. Recently he was offering free shipping above a certain dollar amount.

skyfarms said:
Can you use silicone bakeware for molds? Like this loaf pan: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VFRBYO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I know the dimensions are different, but wouldn't they work the same as the ones from Bebe?

I actually have a silicone pan similar to that. I don't use it anymore because it bows and the corners are kinda rounded :(

Yea, the bebe molds look great! I actually ordered three of them, but he emailed me to say they're out of stock until November :( Guess i'll have to wait, le sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
my original silcone mold was similar to this but i found it to bow when full and the internal corners are round so the cut soap wasn't uniformed :cry: Thats just my opinion

edited for sp's...twas late at night for me :wink:

I have the 1litre loaf mold from bebe, but i don't really like it. I don't know if mine is a dud but it's really stiff, and i have a hard time getting my soap out of it. :oops: I have another loaf mold which is silicone as well, but that is more flexible, makes it alot easier to get my soap out.

judymoody said:
Are those dimensions going to work for you? They are non-standard and might be kind of fussy to cut. (10.2x5x2.5)

I'd go for the $11 dollar ones - each one makes 8 standard sized bars of soap. Recently he was offering free shipping above a certain dollar amount.

Thank you so much for this! I didn't realize how big the bars would be from the 2.2 liter molds. It actually worked out quite well. They were out of the 2.2 liter molds and said I could change my order, so they said they would send me five 1.0 liter molds instead (along with a small gift). And pay the any extra shipping to boot. Not bad, I think.

Well, five molds are kind of overkill BUT, I plan on making bigger batches in the near future, so I figure I might as well have an extra mold or two around if I need one.

Latest posts

Back