What do you listen to while soaping?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great question! Depends on the mood for me. Usually like soaping to Roots Reggae, Baroque, or Late Period Big Band through Be-Bop Jazz, but sometimes get the urge for 60s and 70s Classic Rock, Old School and Underground Hip-Hop, Flamenco, Bluegrass, Irish Folk, or Classical Indian. Every blue moon I'll soap to Modern Alternative (REM through Radiohead).

When I'm soaping or making lotions, etc.. I treasure peace and quiet so I can focus exclusively on what I'm doing.

IrishLass :)

Love listening to the girls when I make soap. Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Rachael Yamagata & Adele are some of my faves right now :)

I am a music lover so there is always something on in our house. When i am working on a batch of soap i will pick a play list depending on my mood. It's great because when i look back on a certain soap i think, oh, that's my Avril mix or my G n' R mix haha. Recently i discovered a local music station that i love and have been playing that, it's kind of blue grassey, really chill.

If nothing is on, I will talk to myself way more than I am comfortable admitting to lol.

I love Jack Johnson, James Blunt, Jon Mayer, Black Eyed Peas, Dave Matthews, Rachmaninoff...the choices are pretty endless over here.

I like peace and quiet so I can concentrate....but I do love all the bird noises here so , its kinda like a constant radio I suppose

So there seems to be a pretty even mix of those who like to listen to music & those who love peace and quiet while they soap :) Very interesting responses!

I think I love to listen to music while I soap because it's really the only time I get to listen to whatever I want...when hubby & the kids are awake/home there is usually so much noise going on with talking/playing/TV etc that I think I'd go insane if I added a CD to the mix! Soaping for me is special because I get to indulge in two pleasures - creating soap & listening to my music :)

heyjude said:
I like to crank Bon Jovi, Gin Blossoms, and ELO. I guess my choices really show my age! :D

So you must be 25 like me! ;)

I know it sounds nerdy but I really like to listen to NPR in my soap room... especially on weekends when they have such great programs like A Prairie Home Companion, Car Talk, This American Life, Wait Wait, Don't Tell me... etc.

I like TV in the background. Usually the Today show or something like that. Doesn't seem to mess with my concentration.

I am a complete and utter Beatlemaniac! When I'm soaping I usually have my Ipod tuned to my Beatles library.

Lately, when I work in my glass studio...I like to have Monty Python on. I've DVR'd a bunch of shows. Just for some laughs. For some reason everything is hilarious if you put a bunch of fella's in dresses and they speak with a high pitched British accent!

Methinks, I'm a closet Brit! :lol:

The Band!! I don't know why!! But I am digging The Band right now. Johnny Cash alot also.

Latest posts

Back