What do you like about your body, for no reason?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Llama, all I could think of when I read your post was my favorite Queen song: "Fat Bottomed Girls (make the rockin' world go round)" Now I have to dig out the Queen and get my groove on!

Edit: my favorite body part (if you can call it that) is my smile. I don't smile often, but when I do, my whole face gets involved. My smile is crooked, my eyes get squinty, and there are lots of wrinkles in the corners of my eyes. The dimple I forgot I had shows up. I like my smile. It's out of character and quite shocking. I jokingly tell people I don't smile because it makes my face crack, but it actually does.

Last edited:
I am not a vain person in the least. I have wrinkles and darker spots on my skin that i have very well earned. I am lumpy and bumpy in not all the right place. Some places are bumped correctly though LOL. I love that my man has rough calloused hands. It means that he is a hard worker. Although I have to say the rough and callous part is getting better since I have been making soap and lotion bars. My husband thinks I am sexy so that is all that matters.
I like my eyes. They are aquamarine blue. An unusual shade. I have my mothers eyes. My middle daughter also has the same eyes. SO 3 generations of these eyes. At least they are nice LOL.

If you ask my hubby, he would tell you he likes everything about me- all the good, the bad and the ugly- because all of it is me! lol It's one of the many reasons why I love him so much. I can be at my messiest and yuckiest and feeling as ugly a bug and it doesn't phase him one whit. lol

As for what I like about my body.... I would have to say my face and my feet. Many of the features of my face remind me of my dad who passed away 12 years ago, and my toes are shaped just like his- the big toe stands tallest, and all the other toes get gradually smaller and smaller all the way down to the pinkie (I miss him a lot). Many times when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I can see a bit of him reflected back at me, and I like that I have that little bit of him still with me. I also inherited his goofy sense of humor and penchant for practical jokes (he's where I get the Irish part of me).

IrishLass :)

I love my face even though I got vitiligo people still complementing my face as they said it's flawless, no one knows the secret of make up. They never noticed my vitiligo . But I have a very sensitive skin, I get dry immediately and rashes if I use the soap with sls

Body part wise, I would have to choose my eyes. They are a lovely blue. I think they were given to me in atonement for my skin. Skin wise, I'm pasty white. My mother was French Canadian, and farther back in my family's history, they were Acadians, and at some point, the Indians in New Brunswick helped to hide my family from the British in caves. Apparently, things got very friendly in those caves, and we have Indian blood on that side of my family. My mother inherited some of those genes, and if she was in the sun for five minutes, she turned the color of molasses. My father's family was from Hungary. On that side, we have gypsies. Do you think from either side, I would have inherited some lovely, warm toned skin? Nope, I have my father's pasty whiteness. My aunt, (on my mother's side, also one of the quickly tannable ones) once said to me...."You need to get yourself some sun, you're whiter than a fishes belly!" Gee, thanks auntie! So not_ally, I would trade for some of your cinnamon/honey in a heartbeat.

E.G., that child of yours is scrumptious! I love the little shadows of eyebrows that babies have...just shadows. And he has beautiful lips! Ahh......babies!

Wow, I just love everyone's posts. Such beauty in all your descriptions. I think this is even better than the face to the name thread!

For me it's my budda belly. I spent most of my adolescent years anorexic and trying to fit an ideal image. I did acting and modeling a bit and the message was loud and clear - I could always lose another 5 lbs.

As an adult I grew out of the starvation but instead struggle with an overabundance of self. I'm working on the balance, and for many years had a really hard time with my stomach (I can't count how many times I was asked if I was pregnant when I wasn't - seriously who does that?!) but since I had my son, who will be 3 in November, he loves to rub his face on my belly, bury his face in it, and squish it in his little fingers. Its become my favorite feature because it makes him so happy. My hubby kinda loves it too.

It feels good to embrace it now.

I also like my toes - they are all consecutively smaller from my big toe to my little. My family always said it was a sign of royalty and called them princess toes.

My body? Everything. My body, everyone's bodies, are containers for our souls. But more superficially, really everything. That does not mean I am a modern day model, it just means that I love my body. I love that I am a woman and have a woman's body. I have scars and spots and fat and I love my body. I have tattoos and crooked teeth and I still love my body. I am *as of yesterday* 43 and I have given birth and been in car wrecks and my body and gotten me through it all and I love it.

I would have to say my eyes are my favorite body part. I was born with quite a few problems with my eyes and continue to have them to this day. I am on my way to being completely blind, which might confuse people as to why my eyes are my favorite. Having had major vision problems my whole life I learned to see the world differently. I see the world flat like a drawing on paper and was taught how to judge how 3D things are with my fingers and shadows.

My eyes are my favorite because they are completely unique to me. So unique that my doctors tell me they have never seen a person with my combination of issues together in one person.

Latest posts

Back