Looking for a GOOD Doberman Breeder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Kinda a way off topic lol.

I am hopefully going to find a forever (buying) home soon.
It has been 10 years since the Danes have passed :( I do miss them but I have not been ready yet for many reasons.
I am a FIRM Fence person and huge on training. One of my Danes was a Show Boy but his bite went off so I just let him be a spoiled couch potato ... oh wait, he was that before haha. Our other Dane was a Rescue, sweet thing starved to almost death :( But was a great dog once the weight got put on and she knew she didn't have to live in a cage !!

I had a Dobie about 10 years before that and would like to get another one. I can't do another Dane because if something happens I need to be able to pick up the dog to bring to the Vet. Can't do that with the Danes ;) It will just be me, alone.

Anywho, I am looking for a GOOD Breeder. One who Tests, shows, Agility would be great as this one will be on a Farm. I no longer 'run' with the show dog people so I have no idea. Plus times change.

I am in Massachusetts, looking for Black/Rust Male only (will be neutered, no if's ands or butts- no reds plz), I have no issue with the conformation not being perfect as I won't be showing. Needs to be strong willed and alert, can't be timid.

If you know anyone or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it :)

Have you reached out to some of the breed specific rescues? So many shelters have so many pure breed and crosses dumped these days, there are always puppies and young dobies, Danes etc.

I have looked, but they mostly get the Old dumped dogs :(
Up here not so many Danes or Dobies. Mostly Pitties and mixed with Pit and Lab.

1) Ask your vet.
2) Contact Doberman rescues. Breed specific rescues often have good relationships with reputable breeders, and they also know who is a bad breeder. Bully Breed rescues are another source.
3) Petfinder.com and Adoptapet.com. Papered, healthy puppies do get surrendered. Not super often, but it happens. Healthy, papered young dogs (under 2) get surrendered a lot, sadly. Once they are no longer cute puppies but large dogs. Rescues can be iffy about how well they maintain their Petfinder entries, but it should help you identify some doberman rescues and you can contact them directly.

Are you open to a papered mom and a mystery dad? That will open up your options considerably.

Also consider checking with organizations that train dogs for police work and service work (helping the disabled). These programs have "washouts" and these dogs are beautifully trained.

I'd check for any local doberman clubs, you can often find them on facebook.

If there are dog shows in your area, you might go or contact the organizers. They could possibly point you in the right direction.

Google, seriously, google dobie show breeders in your area. You'll never know what will pop up.

Kinda a way off topic lol.

I am hopefully going to find a forever (buying) home soon.
It has been 10 years since the Danes have passed :( I do miss them but I have not been ready yet for many reasons.
I am a FIRM Fence person and huge on training. One of my Danes was a Show Boy but his bite went off so I just let him be a spoiled couch potato ... oh wait, he was that before haha. Our other Dane was a Rescue, sweet thing starved to almost death :( But was a great dog once the weight got put on and she knew she didn't have to live in a cage !!

I had a Dobie about 10 years before that and would like to get another one. I can't do another Dane because if something happens I need to be able to pick up the dog to bring to the Vet. Can't do that with the Danes ;) It will just be me, alone.

Anywho, I am looking for a GOOD Breeder. One who Tests, shows, Agility would be great as this one will be on a Farm. I no longer 'run' with the show dog people so I have no idea. Plus times change.

I am in Massachusetts, looking for Black/Rust Male only (will be neutered, no if's ands or butts- no reds plz), I have no issue with the conformation not being perfect as I won't be showing. Needs to be strong willed and alert, can't be timid.

If you know anyone or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it :)

Best thing you can do is go to the National Breed Club website. they will likely have a list of breeder/members and that can get you started finding good breeders. they also usually have breeders who participate both in the show ring and in the purpose ring (For Boxers its Lure coursing and scentwork) be ready to wait, though a LOT of breeders have litters ont he ground this time of year or are expecting any moment. contact some and you should be good. Since you've BEEN in the show world before, you know how to go about it from there, but it's just a matter of getting a list of good breeders, preferably within close distances, and finding the one that works. good luck.

Thanks all.
Great info here, but like I said I was in the AKC/showing people arena so I do know about those searches. I also worked at a Vet Hospital and Volunteered at the SPCA for 15 years. I am not looking for a rescue or mixed breed. All very good dogs but not what I am looking for after having 6 rescues in my life already.

I was specifically looking to see if anyone might Know a breeder that they would recommend.

Latest posts

Back