What do you do with FO's you hate?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have at least 3 FO's that I really hate. They behaved fine in CP but the scents are just awful to me. I want to get rid of them (to make more room for more FO's, lol!) but I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want to just throw them away because I hate waste. What do you do when you have scents that make you nauseous, give you a headache or just plain aggravate you?

I listed a few of my nemeses on Craigslist - twice. The first time no one responded, but the re-post got a line three deep. I don't think it's common to see soap supplies listed, as I have looked myself several times. But put the treasure out there and the gold diggers shall come!

I think a lot of soapers mail swap, you don't need to be close. We even have a swap thread in the classified section on the forum. I don't know the rules on swapping but I am sure they are on there too.

Which ones are you getting rid of?

They're all from BB:

Ancient Sedona
Neroli & Shea Blossom
Jasmine Dreams

I think I have about 1/2 left in each 8 oz bottle, so 4 oz of each.

I know I have others, I just haven't come across them yet in my inventory.

Krista - this may be the perfect opportunity to try scent blending. Everyone has their own preferences but I like to use the round cosmetic puffs. I put the not-so-liked FO in the middle and start to add drops around it on the puff. Place in a baggie and let sit for a few days. (Gives your nose time to clear, and the scents the opportunity to blend)

I have the Neroli & Shea Blossom as well - I added a raspberry FO and eucalyptus EO with a little chamomile. I enjoy the challenge of fixing my meh FO's.

I listed a bunch on Craigslist. That's how I got my first stash of soaping supplies (molds, butters, etc). I have a whole bunch I'm going to be listing again soon. Molds, botanical, FO's, bottles, jars. I don't want to be bothered with shipping.

I recently swapped. Lol, I like neroli Shea blossom. I hate others that many love. Everyone is so different, aren't they? You can sell or offer a trade for something else, like Jules said, right here or try CL.

I listed a bunch on Craigslist. That's how I got my first stash of soaping supplies (molds, butters, etc). I have a whole bunch I'm going to be listing again soon. Molds, botanical, FO's, bottles, jars. I don't want to be bothered with shipping.

Let me know when you post it on craigslist. I'm local to you (Detroit/Dearborn) and I'm always searching for new goodies.

If I have scents I don't like or I have maybe an ounce left I make a candle...lol. Sometimes the scent is better in a candle too.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've never used Craig's List so didn't think about it, lol. I think I'll gather everything I'm not happy with then do the listings all at once.

"I have the Neroli & Shea Blossom as well - I added a raspberry FO and eucalyptus EO with a little chamomile. I enjoy the challenge of fixing my meh FO's."

Thanks Cindy! I've considered doing this - blending. I think my problem is disliking them so intensely I don't want to bother. But as lionprincess said, everyone is so different (when it comes to scent).

I'll just start gathering stuff in a box then decide what to do. Thanks again everyone!

Latest posts

Back