What do I do with all this soap????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKirk

Reaction score
So I have a fever and the only prescription, is more soap...:razz:

A couple months ago I decided to finally jump in and try to make soap. I have wanted to give it a try for several years and finally just did it. Now I don't know what to do with all of this soap.....lol

I started out with a recipe I found someplace, and added lavender and citrus that I had on hand, That was the first month. It took 6 weeks to harden like I wanted.
I
t was a slippery slope after that, next I did some research and made up my own recipe with some sweet almond vanilla FO. Then My wife (who makes our own laundry soap) needed a soap that she could use in her next batch of laundry soap so out came a recipe for laundry soap and a stain stick wile I was at it. Then I had some old Burgundy wine I had left over from making boeuf bourguignon last summer so into the soap it went. My friend is a chef and asked if I could make him some that would take out the garlic smell in his hands so in went the coffee and grounds went in. Then I figured I would try my hand at swirling colors (unsuccessfully) I made a layered Orange rind infused batch, colored with turmeric that smells like orange cream. that was all the last two weeks...

Tonight I am trying my hand at HP and a staggered pencil line (with cocoa) coloring half with Tumeric and half with paprica and adding shredded loofha in the bottom half....

I can't stop... Help....

Oh and what the heck am I supposed to do with all this soap? :problem:

I put a bad picture up in the pictures section of three of the batches.

Birthdays, Mother's Day, holidays, give it away to neighbors, trade it to friends for their cool stuff, keep three or four or six bars in the shower.

Oh, and you should try making shampoo soap next! I love my shampoo soap!

You might want to consider donating your tested soap to local homeless shelters and church organizations that maintain a pantry service.

Giving it away is as much fun as making it!

That is the perfect idea! Thank you!

Now im not saying you should mail some to me...but..

Seriously though give it away to whoever you have in your life. I think im as excited to give away some of my first soap as i am to make it

wish I had time to make all that soap. I agree that giving it away is fun. People are impressed that you made it.

wish I had time to make all that soap. I agree that giving it away is fun. People are impressed that you made it.

True! Giving it away is fun. Being of a mind to sell it, makes it harder to give away a full bar. . . I like to make sample sizes out of a bar for testing. It helps to save what's left for selling. Oh, the curing is such a hard thing to wait for, right?

Seriously though, I think you will be surprised at the number of friends and family who will want to try or use your soap when it's finished. Every time I make a batch or post a picture on Facebook, I've another handful of friends and family wanting to try some.

Welcome to the addiction CaptKirk. Love your moniker. I agree local homeless shelters or call your local dept of social services and ask where you can donate.

Back