Is it safe or do I need to toss?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdean0409

Reaction score
I need your help determining if this soap is safe to use. Yesterday I made a batch the was two tone. Today, while cutting it, I realized I messed up (brain fog). Instead of combining all the oils (I used heat method) and then separating it to add the color in one container. I instead poured some of my coconut oil, shea butter and lye in a small container and then added my oils with the color into the rest of the bigger lye mixture. Idk what was going on for me not to realize that. Do I need to redo the batch? When I cut it the white which is the coconut oil, lye and she’s butter mixture is solid in the soap. Hope this makes sense!

If your only two oils are Coconut Oil and Shea Butter and you added the proper amount of Lye Solution to those oils, you should be fine. However, if Coconut Oil and Shea Butter are just two of the oils you used, then there is a problem. You have two choices...toss it or rebatch.

Latest posts

Back