What are you working on this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
I just finish a hand-milled rose/lilac scented salt bar. I realized I hadn't made anything for Mother's Day so I figured this would be good.

5673803962_f0e1a356f2.jpg

5673237831_b8d9808788.jpg

Very nice Agriffin. I bet they smell devine.

Was thinking of doing an aloe & cucumber soap today. Maybe with some spearmint or peppermint EO.

Those are beautiful, Amanda. I've been making wax tarts for mothers day. I'll be giving them to my MIL along with a pretty little electric tart warmer that I found.

I also made a big batch of Rock Star type as it seems to be very popular with family and friends. Then I made a small batch of beer soap scented with Bay Rum for hubby.

I may do another small batch tomorrow and more tarts as well. Not sure on scents yet.

Very pretty! the rose buds on top are so sweet.

I started making a chocolate/peppermint bunt cake to donate to an auction at the end of june. I did the cake, and will need to do the icing and decorations later.

I've just finished one called Rainbow Magic with multi colours and flower scents of Gardenia, Lilac, Osmanthus, Tuberose. I might change the name to Flower Garden.

I've been making my first ever lotions, a lavender batch and an english rose batch. Really enjoyed making them. Also been making a test batch of CP to tweak my base recipe. Very pretty pink agriffin, and the shampoo bars look lucious :)

I spent the day cleaning out and rearranging my soap supplies and equipment. Took all day and I'm still not done.

i can't seem to keep lavender in stock, so making more of that. also some dead sea mud dark chocolate sugar/salt scrub which i adore! and some hanging soap pendants to hang in the bathroom or put in a drawer for a sachet. and some florida bath bombs. and ordering supplies! happy dance, NDA has drastically lowered their shipping prices, yayyyy!

What Mother's Day is coming up? No one told me!!! Oh, right, I should know about this myself. Geez. I just can't do the whole planning ahead for every holdiay gift thing. I'm so jealous of those that can.

I have my son this weekend, so no soaping. Sound like everyone else is having a great time!

Wow, everyone's projects all sound amazing...I wish I was making soap this weekend, but I'm waiting on new stuff to arrive :(

Hadn't even given it a thought!!!!! I have been busy with completing orders over the weekend and did a run to the sunshine coast today as have a friend incorporating my soaps and candles with her jewellery partys and had run out, was a lovely drive had lunch then back home :0)
Amanda they are perfect Mum gifts I am such a fan of Rose :0)

Love your salt bars Amanda! Salt bars are something I've still not tried ... but they're on my 'to do list'.

This weekend I was supposed to cut some green and 'almost' red soap into shapes for inserts in my christmas soaps ... but somehow I never quite got round to it. I did make a log of cool water today ... and read loads about soapmaking ... and made loads of plans ... and found loads of FO's I'd love to soap ... **** ... then reality returned ... and I'd run out of time to make more soap ... ****!

As sometimes happens, my plan got botched by the impatience gremlin. Originally, I was going to do my first ITP swirl. My lye was about 80 degrees, but I think the oils were warmer. Also, I tried mixing the FO into the oils before adding the lye. That could have caused the issue, too. Plus, it was a floral; Blooming Tulips.

Anyway, I ended up with a layered look. It's not too bad, just not what I wanted. It's difficult to see the glitter on top.

Sorry for the photo size. I still can't get the hang of the re-sizing stuff.

TiptoeThruTheTulips.jpg

I'm checking the forum while I wait for my lye solution to cool another ten degrees. When it's ready, I'm making a neopolitan loaf. Since the neopolitan (from WSP) contains vanilla, I'm splitting the batch 3 ways. Bottom layer will have the FO in it and it should turn brown. Middle layer will be pink & unscented (too bad I don't have any strawberry FO) and top layer will have TD in it and hopefully turn out white. That's the plan....will have to wait for the true results :lol: Not fond of this FO but want to use it to make room for new FOs.

So far I've made a half and half oatmeal honey cream bar, 2 batches of blueberry and pomegranite shampoo bars, coffee & chocolate soap rounds, and a batch of no bake fudge cookie soaps. I didn't know if the recipe would work or not, but OMG I want to eat them!

Now just got to figure out what to do next and how to upload pictures of my soaps.

Latest posts

Back