What are you working on this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cp chick said:
Yes, beautiful soap JackiK! That's the blue I'm trying to get.

I used 28 grams (one ounce) of WSP's blue ultramarine into one cup of soap mixture. I figured since I was only doing a small amount of the soap, I could get away with that much ultramarine. Of course, I won't know if I get blue bubbles until I can try it. I don't gel my soaps, so that will be in a few weeks.

I did the same for the pink, 28 grams to one cup of soap mixture.

If I can remember, I'll let you know how it cures up.

Thanks for the compliments! It's always nice to receive accolades from those who know what you/they are doing.

Lovely Amanda!

I'm *helping* kevin [ame=http://www.youtube.com/user/DebLegg#p/u/0/NNhmSHSaHQ4]paint[/ame]. :)

I did a market yesterday, I've got a big WS order to go out tomorrow, the Clifton Home Tour coming up soon. I've got a good soap schedule, and don't usually make it on the weekends. I've got to have a day or two to just relax...

Yesterday was spent trying to dry out the goats paddocks of all the mud... I don't like the girls getting too dirty.

But today I soaped. Actually my second and third batch ever :)

I made GM Tea Tree salt bars colored with coco and a GM Oatmeal and Honey Lavender soap colored and hopefully swirled with paprika.

Pretty risky for being so new so I hope they turn out :)

Actually got an order for 80 bars of my GM lavender soap for wedding favors (family wedding).

MeadowHillFarmCT said:
Actually got an order for 80 bars of my GM lavender soap for wedding favors (family wedding).

Good for you!

Your recipes sound wonderful. Be sure to post pics for us.

Thursday I made a batch of Ember Blend (Sweet Orange and Patchouli e/o). It came out pretty good (can't get the textured top thing down).
Loaf (tangerine Pop color)
HPIM2440.JPG

Cut Bars
HPIM2441.JPG

Smells great!

BayouGirl, those are great. Love the color.

tmholding said:
Made a mold so I can make my first batch of CP soap. Hoping to get it going in next couple days....Going for something woodsy.

Looks just like the one I made, only I don't have the liner. Mind asking where you got the material and what it is?

My attempt at a swirl didn't come out to good... My second batch ...

GM Oatmeal honey scented lightly with Lavender.

100_0514.jpg

100_0515.jpg

My GM Salt bar still really soft and not crazy about the way they came out...
100_0517.jpg

Love your soap JackiK ... especially love that blue in the bar!

Bayougirl that is one of my favourite EO mixes and your soap looks amazing!

Beautiful looking soap MeadowHillFarmCT!

JackiK said:
tmholding said:
Made a mold so I can make my first batch of CP soap. Hoping to get it going in next couple days....Going for something woodsy.

Looks just like the one I made, only I don't have the liner. Mind asking where you got the material and what it is?

Looks like coroplast(political sign material) that I've been reading about others using. It like plastic cardboard and is easily scored to be able to bend to fit and can use tape to seal the corners. Or silicone type glue if your inclined. I used it to line my guinea pig cages once upon a time.

calico21 said:
JackiK said:
tmholding said:

Looks like coroplast(political sign material) that I've been reading about others using. It like plastic cardboard and is easily scored to be able to bend to fit and can use tape to seal the corners. Or silicone type glue if your inclined. I used it to line my guinea pig cages once upon a time.

Yes! That is exactly what it is. Coroplast from Plaskolite, got it at home depot. I was nervous about using this full size so i made some divider modifications to the mold today to make it be able to do 3 sizes. This is the specs but not sure if i did math right for my ounces so if wrong someone please correct me.
Full size 18x3.5x2.75 69.3 oz of oil? 4.18lbs?

Half mold: 8x3.25x2.75 28.6 oz

Mini mold 2.75x2.25x2 16.5oz

Only second post and not sure what needs trimmed..... Forgive if i didn't post reply or trim this right.

for figuring out amount of oils: you need to multiply your area by .40 now. That takes into account for your lye water and it works amazingly well.
28.6*.40=11.44 oz of oil,then+lye water. You will end up with about a 1.75lb batch.

kelleyaynn said:
Is it easy to remove the coroplast from the soap?
That's kinda what I'd like to know, alot of the Aussie soapers are using it. id like to put it on the bottom of my Kelsei mold if it does.

This is the specs but not sure if i did math right for my ounces so if wrong someone please correct me.
Full size 18x3.5x2.75 69.3 oz of oil? 4.18lbs?

Half mold: 8x3.25x2.75 28.6 oz

Mini mold 2.75x2.25x2 16.5

You take length X width X height of pour, that number X .40.

So; log mold that is 12 inches long, 3-1/2 inches wide, and you want to pour to a depth of 2-1/2 inches.

12 X
3.5=

42X
2.5=

105X
.40=
42 ounces of oils needed for this mold.

Latest posts

Back