What Are You Watching?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Endeavour, Wire in the Blood, Touching Evil and DCI Banks to name just a few. For me, BBC TV is so much more believable. I'm thinking in the UK the focus is a bit more on talent than appearance. A pleasure to watch.

Navigator9, I watched Dicte (Danish) a while back on Netflix. Saw that a new season is on Netflix now but may have to go back and rewatch earlier seasons to remember what happened before this one since it's been so long since I watched it.

Earlene, have you watched "The Sniffer"(Ukraine)? It's on Netflix. The premise is basically a procedural crime investigation with the main detective being someone with a very, very sensitive nose and the ability to identify scents with an amazing specificity. Suspend disbelief at first and it is pretty good, or so far it has been.

No, I have no seen that one. I will look for it! Thank you.

Navigator9, I am glad to see there is a 3rd season coming for Happy Valley. I was looking a few days ago to see if any of the ones I've watched previously had new seasons yet.

No, I have no seen that one. I will look for it! Thank you.

Navigator9, I am glad to see there is a 3rd season coming for Happy Valley. I was looking a few days ago to see if any of the ones I've watched previously had new seasons yet.
It may be a while before we see the third season of HV, but that's OK, it's worth the wait. I'm hoping there will be another season of "The Keepers"...I'm dying to know what happens with that case!

Oh, and another Danish series I watched recently is "The Rain." A dystopian plot so darkish, although nowhere near as dark as "Walking Dead." Not sure where "The Rain" will go with the plot after the first season but I'll be watching for the second season. I'm curious how the science aspect will play out.

Oh, and I finished it a while back but goes under the "international" genre although it doesn't require subtitles: "Wanted" is an Australian series that has some shaky writing/plot aspects at times but the 2 lead actresses do a great job with their roles.

Oh, and another Danish series I watched recently is "The Rain." A dystopian plot so darkish, although nowhere near as dark as "Walking Dead." Not sure where "The Rain" will go with the plot after the first season but I'll be watching for the second season. I'm curious how the science aspect will play out.

Oh, and I finished it a while back but goes under the "international" genre although it doesn't require subtitles: "Wanted" is an Australian series that has some shaky writing/plot aspects at times but the 2 lead actresses do a great job with their roles.

Yes, I like that series, too and as always didn't want it to end. I shall also look for a second season.

I will look for Wanted. I appreciate the recommendation, BeesKnees.

I just got a notice from Netflix. Season 2 of Anne with an "E" is now available. I enjoyed the first season very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only anime/cartoon geek? My daughter and I just finished catching up on Voltron and we all watch Black Clover and My Hero Acadamia.

Also catching up on Supernatural and the comic book shows: Arrow, Legends, Jessica Jones and I just saw that a new season of Luke Cage is out

Am I the only anime/cartoon geek? My daughter and I just finished catching up on Voltron and we all watch Black Clover and My Hero Acadamia.

Also catching up on Supernatural and the comic book shows: Arrow, Legends, Jessica Jones and I just saw that a new season of Luke Cage is out

I just rewatched Death Note (and read the manga for the first time). I’m debating on watching the remake of Capitan Tsubasa, at least I’ll watch an episode because I’m curious.

I just rewatched Death Note (and read the manga for the first time). I’m debating on watching the remake of Capitan Tsubasa, at least I’ll watch an episode because I’m curious.

I liked Death Note, in that same vein I'm trying to get through Attack on Titan but I have to wait for my boy to go to bed and it's a race to see who gets tired first him or me. Tsubasa looks cute.

Jumpsa, nothing wrong with anime as a genre, but if I watch an animated movie, I prefer something along the lines of Coco. It was really quite enjoyable. And Wall-E is still a favorite of mine. Zootopia was one I really really enjoyed when it came out, and went to see it at least twice. Up in 2009 was fun. Actually I've seen so many animated movies in the last 15 years because I spend so much time with my granddaughter. But she is into anime now, so I do watch some anime stuff with her and depend on the subtitles, because a lot of what she watches is in Japanese. But I don't recall the titles of the series that she likes to watch. They are more along the line of super-heroes, and I only watch them when visiting her because we go back and forth between watching different genres of shows. I suppose we are a fairly equal-opportunity entertainment kind of family, since the interests are pretty varied and we tend to all watch a little bit of everything when we are together. But at home, I don't tend to watch much animation.

Earlene - I understand that sentiment. I haven't seen Coco yet but I did enjoy all the others you mentioned as well. I could make an excuse that my son is 4 and he likes them but I like them too, not even gonna lie. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to the Japanese sub-titles generally I wait till they come out dubbed in English Lol! I can't generally sit and watch anything without some knitting or something in my hands so if I have to read the show it makes me twitchy.

I love most things BBC. I highly recommend Marcella on Netflix. Start with season 1. I also loved River on Netflix. It is only 1 season, but it is very good. I am stoked that HV will get another season! Currently there isn't much on in my neck of the woods, so I really appreciate the recommendations for things that have already come and gone. I am now watching The Last Post on Amazon. I was intrigued enough to watch several episodes in a row. It's about the British colonization of Yemen and the revolt.

I love most things BBC. I highly recommend Marcella on Netflix. Start with season 1. I also loved River on Netflix. It is only 1 season, but it is very good. I am stoked that HV will get another season! Currently there isn't much on in my neck of the woods, so I really appreciate the recommendations for things that have already come and gone. I am now watching The Last Post on Amazon. I was intrigued enough to watch several episodes in a row. It's about the British colonization of Yemen and the revolt.

I really liked River, too, but my husband thought it was sooo depressing. I haven't watched Marcella yet. It's good to now you recommend it so highly.

I just got a notice from Netflix. Season 2 of Anne with an "E" is now available. I enjoyed the first season very much.
My daughter has been watching Anne with an E, as well as When Calls the Heart on NetFlix.
Still super binging TWD. I took GOT and Outlander DVD's out and the hubby surprised me by hooking up a second DVD player (I didn't even know that we had two!!) in the living room.

I know it's old and quirky, but I've been binging The Closer - with Kyra Sedgwick.
But I binge so much TV, it would make most of y'all's heads spin. LOL so I'll refrain from mentioning them all.

For me, BBC TV is so much more believable. I'm thinking in the UK the focus is a bit more on talent than appearance. A pleasure to watch.
They also are more about quality than quantity. Most of their seasons are only 13 episodes and it takes them at least a year in between seasons.

I recently binge watched Killing Eve - and LOVED it. So good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent quite a nice half hour or so chatting with a lovely you Canadian woman and her daughter's last night. She highly recommends Coronation Street. So that's another to add to the list of things to watch.

It looks like I am the only one watching sci-fiction. Westworld second season was such boring series, Hopkins did not act a lot in it, Maybe book is better but second season sucks

We're still catching up on all our favorite shows we've DVR'd over the past season. Just watched Sheldon and Amy's wedding on The Big Bang Theory, The Middle episode containing among other things, Brick's compulsive internet lawn chair-shopping spree, and the S.H.I.E.L.D episode where General Talbot absorbs all the gravitonium and develops sudden visions of grandeur about being invincible and the only one that can save the world.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back