Weekend Soap Pot?? (Jan 30-Feb 1)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - here is what I have so far:

1 - Rebatch Chocolate Swirl to this - Mocha Cream

004.jpg

2 - This was supposed to be Black but I didn't get enough Activated Charcoal in it so now I need some help naming it please..... :?

DSCN1335.jpg

DSCN1336-b.jpg

3 - This is a Bastille using some of my Plumeria Delight to make curly-Q's

DSCN1333.jpg

4 - This was an idea from my Workshop Leader for a large size soap to fit on a large dish

DSCN1331.jpg

Please help me with a name for #2....... :? I don't know how well the mica will stay but this time I sprinkled it on and then swirled it.... 8)

Thanks for looking..... :D

ChrissyB said:
Everyone has been so busy!!
Lil Outlaws, what tricks did you use to get batch #3 to behave itself?
I am interested to know how you got around it?

By the time it was all over with, the only thing I remember is swearing to myself.. :oops: LOL

I do know that I soaped cooler the third time (like 95 probably, not sure.. warm but not hot to the touch on the outside of the containers).. I mixed EVERYTHING in with my oils before the lye, in case it started seizing, since it was obvious the FO did it. I didn't want to fight to add reserved liquids, FO, superfatting oils, etc.

So I stickblended the oils, extra oils, liquids, and FO all together til emulsified and then added the lye solution VERY VERY slowly (like I took 20 minutes just to add the lye a tiny splash at a time) and whisked it super slowly. I only whisked til it was emulsified and not separating and poured it at the thinnest trace I've ever poured. It took 36 hours before I could unmold it but it is creamy off-white and SMOOTH. I'm thrilled. *Whew*

I think I did a successful re-batch!!! My plan was to melt down all my scraps and shavings to make new soap. I want to give these soaps to a local shelter.

I used the boil-in-the-bag method. MUCH easier than the crock pot!

Lindy that soap (# 2) reminds me of a really pretty marble slab bench top I once saw with gold mica veins running through it. It also looks a bit like a milk opal, so.....

Marble Dreaming
Opal Glimmer.....?

BTW - where's Tabitha? She is really good with names :D

Tanya :)

Okay soapers - where are the pictures???????

Topcat - Marble Dreaming is good - like that - I'll post some cut pictures and then we can figure out if it is still going to look like marble.....cool :p :p :p

I made a batch of laundry gel today, and thought about soaping. I need to get my butt into gear. :(

I should be on a soaping moratorium - there is soap everywhere. However, since there are a few errors that need to be rebatched and some scraps that need to be dealt with, perhaps I can satisfy my soap lust that way. Kills two birds with one stone.

Done

Done,the Lost Unicorn package. For now anyway.
I think making the soap was easier. Lining up the cut marks and printing spaces etc. on top of changing the actual box shape a few times was a big thing.
I was keeping in mind that the presentaion had to suit my sisters High quality custom embroidered Towels.
I put the photos up here.
http://www.stardustsoaps.com/category/soapbox/
Thanks for the encoragment Lindy
:shock: I can't beleive it's done
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Starduster - those are so sweet! they show how much care was put into them.

Lindy - yay for pictures :D I love the swirling and mica. I like how the tops look so smooth, I don't think thats possible with HP is it? I have not done CP yet, but hope to soon. Here is what i have so far from yesterday's soaping, about to try some more before starting laundry (which never seems to shrink, you do more and it just regrows what you took off the pile...)

This one is my sesame soap recipe that i wanted to try with a larger (25%) amount of sesame oil in it. Not very exciting but it turned into soap, right now what more could i ask for :p

This is a rebatch of my 2nd batch that was kinda crumbly, i added green clay, matcha and rosemary EO. This was the first time I tried a pringles can, i got a half size one and just put a sandwich baggie in to for a liner. I love round soap!

Oh Mary - I love the packaging and the story - your soap is just so creative!

Sonam I love the soft look to those! I don't know if you can swirl HP??? With HP I love to put the swirly tops on them - hmmmm - I see another experiment in my future.

SURFGIRL - I need your help - how do you get your charcoal soap to go black? I did a second batch last night and put in HUGE amounts of charcoal and all I got was dark grey.... :twisted: - so what am a I doing wrong? I've gone back to gelling everything. Please help..... 8)

Sounds like great soap, everyone!

Lindy, what did you use for the pinkish colour in your #3 and #4 soaps? That's what I'm looking for! Your soaps look GREAT!

Ashley - I used F,D&C #3 liquid - I didn't use a whole bunch and it's the same as I used in my Plumeria Delight which is where these curly-q's came from....thank you for noticing them.... :D

ginger tangerine

Hi,
I haven't made soap since September and got the itch this morning. I made a lovely ginger EO and tangerine FO super conditioning bar. My skin is so dry. Uggh

My friend & I spent the better part of the afternoon making some fabulous M&P's for our party on Saturday. We did a white shea butter M&P with blackberry FO, Pearberry FO, Cucumber Melon FO, Sweet Orange EO, & green apple FO. We dropped color (neon green, hot pink, blue & yellow) into the molds first, then poured & swirled with toothpics. They look pretty wild, & smells AWESOME!!!! Haven't come up with a name yet, but we've thrown a few ideas around.

We also did rose, lavender, ylang ylang (all EO) in a beautiful powder pink color poured in victorian style molds. And Eucalyptus, juniper, lavender, rosemary, jasmine/ylang ylang (EO's)(great combo for arthritis BTW) in massage bars.
Got a little carried away with the bath salts & ended up having to buy a storage tub to put them in because we made such a HUGE batch.

Lil Outlaws' thankyou!
I have written all your tricks into my soaping book, so that when I want to soap with a finicky fo, i've got all the right tricks up my sleeve!
Thanks again, I'm glad that this worked for you finally!!

Latest posts

Back