Weekend Soap Pot?? (Jan 30-Feb 1)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Since nobody has started this thread yet I thought I'd give it a whirl...
Whatcha got goin' on? anything fun and exciting?

I'll be taking pics of the heart soap I've been threatening (promising) to do, and then I have my basement to organize and inventory so nothing too fun for me. I may try the shamrock soap this weekend if I have enough lye. The local chemical place I normally get it from is not located in the same spot so I'm not sure if they've gone out of business or if they have moved. I have to research it, but in a pinch I can get Rooto lye locally, it's just WAY more expensive. And I may make some bubble bombs. My son used to love them, but I think he is growing out of that phase so I'll make them for my neice who will be 4 at the end of April...
So anyway, I'm rambling... Those are my plans - what are yours?

Hi,
My plans have got to do with soaping; I'll be doing soap business paperwork probably all night and tomorrow morning as I'm going to visit my auntie (a great pr woman) and she's going to judge my paperwork tomorrow evening! If everything is ok she's going to help me set everything up after I'm moved. :roll: I'm really exited and very very scared :)

I have to restock my oatmeal honey, sandlewood and eucayptus soaps.....and make some whipped shea butters and face oils to finish a couple of orders.

Dagmar, that sounds so exciting! Good for you :D

I'm making a batch of my Winter Walk soap and ordering supplies. I have a Fair March 7 & 8 and have to start replenishing my soap soon :shock: :shock: Then on Sunday, I'm going to go to my sister's (a drive of about 2 hours) to pick up my little Chihuahua who has been bred to her Yorkshire Terrier. So, hopefully, I will have puppies in a couple of months. My other Chi's last puppy went to it's forever home last night.

I'll be doing everything I MEANT to do last weekend! I got so discouraged by my overheated/separated/ruined batch of GM soap that I went into soap-fasting for the week! LOL

I'm working on a batch of Monkey Farts super moisturizing soap for a customer right now, she bought the whole loaf! (Okay she traded me a Hudson hat for it haha)

Also making a whipped shea for the same customer, and samples of the shea for some friends of my hubby.

At least one local soap, and one other soap just for me - I want to try the funnel swirl!

And I won't overextend myself this weekend, I have way too many other orders to fill and I'm getting ready for a 10 day trip to Boston (business) so I need to finish up everything and get it all shipped so I don't have to worry while I'm gone!

soap drawing board

Not soaping exactly.
I am trying to work out the best packaging for my lost unicorn soaps.
Going from complex to simple.
It's getting there.
I will show you later.
:lol:

I think I will make some new molds, and place a huge order with Wholesale Supplies Plus and plan out what I will make next sunday =D

I need to get my behind in gear and make some jasmine, apple-cinnmon, and some cranberry soap. I've been slacking here lately.

I'll be continuing to work with my shampoo recipe to I can get it liquid - rebatching my Cocoa a'Lait into Mocha Whip - Lip Balm - and maybe a Sweet Peas swirled soap.....so far I've got the changes made to my Shampoo & the Mocha Whip is in the oven melting down (it's too big for the Microwave), now we'll see if I get the other two done. I really need to get a whole bunch more CP done for my grand opening in 5 weeks which I've decided will also be at the Mall here in town with maybe some advertising.....

Okay I did get off my tush today, hooray!

I made the monkey farts soap for my customer but OMG that FO hates me. :( I've never soaped it in CP, only MP, plus it's a new brand for me. Everything was great til I added the FO.
Batch #1: immediate seize. Tried to salvage by adding my reserved GM and superfatting oils. Mixed somewhat, but it's spongy with lye pockets in the mold. ****.

Batch #2: soaped cool, mixed FO in oils in the beginning, got bad ricing or something.. it also got spongy but at least it didn't seize up!

Batch #3: FINALLY. It's in the mold and I'm praying it comes out okay!!

(soooooo 3 full batches of CP in and I've only got one log to show for it)

Next I made a batch of Boerne Vineyard Cabernet for the Local Soaps. Separated, added 2TBS of wine syrup (3/4 bottle of Cabernet, simmered and reduced to 2TBS of syrup!) and purple soap dye. Attempted a funnel swirl, we'll see how that went. (scented with Cabernet FO)

Then I made a batch of Pink Raspberry Lemonade - funnel swirl of yellow and red. Whole thing scented with pink lemonade, red swirl has herbal raspberry FO and some raspberry puree in it.. Yay!

So 5 full batches of CP today.. I'm beat. Now I'm waiting on my bath fizzers to harden so I can package them..

Whew!

Not too much soaping this weekend. I am getting ready for my first outdoor market tomorrow (Sunday) by finishing labelling the CP soaps I have cured. I also just made a batch of rose geranium/patchouli body butter and one of 'poison' type FO body butter to fill an order. Sunday night I will make some heart shaped MP soaps for my hairdresser to stock in her salon for Valentine's Day. Clear base with voilet mica and poison FO and also a gold mica/baby powder FO one as well.

Everyone seems really busy here!

Tanya :)

I am so happy to hear that all of you are having such success with your soap sales. The word is spreading!!
I haven't done much soaping over the last couple of weeks, I have had my dad down with us so haven't had much time.
Soooo, I am itching to do something!!
I have got a new storage cupboard for all my soaping supplies, so everything is nice and organised and it's place. So I found lots of things I forgot that I had....

I just finished rebatching my Chocolate Swirl from last weekend and I'm pleased with how it's turned out, I added Coffee & more Chocolate to it and it has these wonderful white pieces in it so I think I might call it Mocha Latte or something like that - pictures will be forthcoming....still fighting with my shampoo - it works like a dream but it keeps separating so I added some ewax to it tonight and cooked it. I'll see what happens overnight. There is no way I am selling this until it starts to behave itself.... :evil: ..... :?

I finally got to make my sesame soap recipe! The whole process went smoothly and the cook was short :eek: it doesn't really have a smell of sesame. I'm a bit disapointed about that but maybe other people might not like it so much. Hopeing to get some more rebatching in tonite.

Its fun to hear about people's projects its very encouraging.

2 outta 5 ain't bad I guess..

Monkey Farts 1: SEIZE/flop.
Monkey Farts 2: ricing/flop
Monkey Farts 3: GORGEOUS and smooth
Cabernet: Great but the swirl isn't as good as I wanted
Pink Rasp. Lemonade: Overheated/separated/lye pockets. Flop.

Oh well. At least the one batch for my customer and the one batch for the Local Soaps came out! hahahahaha

Stupid soap fairies. Who sent 'em my way anyhow!? Take. Them. Back. !!!

:)

OMG! Today I thought I had a birthday party at 11 & a small art class (2 students) at 2. Around 11:15, when no one showed up for the art party I had busted my butt all morning to set up, including baloons. cake, the works, I realised the party.... is NEXT saturday. So, feeling like a knuckle head I go about my business. At 2p I expected 2, maybe 3 students for a scrabble tile pendant making class... 11 showed up :shock: most of them were 6 y/o. I was under prepared for that many kids. We did have cake & baloons for the class though :lol: :lol: .

I hope to restock body mists & lotion bars tomorrow and make photo soaps for orders.

Good stuff

Tabitha said:
OMG! Today I thought I had a birthday party at 11 & a small art class (2 students) at 2. Around 11:15, when no one showed up for the art party I had busted my butt all morning to set up, including baloons. cake, the works, I realised the party.... is NEXT saturday. So, feeling like a knuckle head I go about my business. At 2p I expected 2, maybe 3 students for a scrabble tile pendant making class... 11 showed up :shock: most of them were 6 y/o. I was under prepared for that many kids. We did have cake & baloons for the class though :lol: :lol: .

I hope to restock body mists & lotion bars tomorrow and make photo soaps for orders.
:lol: How serendipitous.
That planning in (error :idea: ) for the party ,saved the day with that scrabble pendant class.
Will cake last in freezer till next sat.
I do hope you are using a pump for those balloons, not winding yourself. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back