WATER WEIGHT/volume

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunset2burst

Reaction score
When calculating what size mold to make do I take into account the amount of water also? For example if I use 16oz oil and 6ozwater/2oz lye. When making the mold, do I want it to be for a 16oz soap or 24oz (oil and water).

Are you talking about in Melt and Pour soap? Or did you mean to post this in the CP section?

If you're talking about CP, then you'd want to take the water into account as well.

That's a good question. I've always just gone by water & oil weight. Hopefully someone else might chime in here.

Hazel said:
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3461

I also moved this to the CP section.

LOL Thanks Hazel, for some reason I thought I did that already.

The biggest batch I've ever made was 12 pounds. I had just received my new, yet untested Mister-built soap molds and had to figure put how much soap gunk the mold would hold. When I calculated it, I didn't include the lye percentage, because I'm not an accurate soap cook that way. Being precise with my ingredient measurements is ultra important but if I end up with a bit too much, I just transfer that into a standby milk container or something.

There's a helpful sticky up top for those that need to know precisely how much soap they're going to end up with. I'm not one of those people.

Hausfrau007 said:
Being precise with my ingredient measurements is ultra important but if I end up with a bit too much, I just transfer that into a standby milk container or something.

There's a helpful sticky up top for those that need to know precisely how much soap they're going to end up with. I'm not one of those people.

Ohhhhh, be still my heart! :D

Latest posts

Back