Wanted to buy vanilla stabiliser but...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josianeg

Reaction score
I wanted to buy the vanilla stabiliser from Bitter creek everybody recommends on this forum but... I’m in Quebec, Canada.

Here are the only 2 shipping options to Canada for 2 x 16 oz bottles for vanilla stabiliser:

UPS Expedited 93$ US
UPS Express 1 day 102$ US

I was ready for « expensive » shipping but this? I’m so disappointed 😔, there’s no way I can have this delivered to my place.

I have a friend in the US I can deliver stuff to, but with the COVID19 the borders are closed and who knows when they’ll reopen?

Yes, “a bit”. 😅

I wrote an email to them. I hope they can you a cheaper USPS option.

I really hate UPS shipping to Canada, Not only am I SURE to be charged customs on top of these ridiculous fares (UPS makes sure they get their brokerage fees), if I happen not to be home at the moment of shipping they bring the package to their warehouse and it’s a brunch of trouble going there to get it.

Can you call BCN and talk to them? I would try that and see if they can ship a different way. That's a bit much...

Since BCN hasn’t answered my email, I tried to call them this morning but it was an answering machine. I left a message but they didn’t call me back yet.

I understand BCN’s VS is the best, but I really can pay this much for shipping...

Which would you say is second and third best, so I can have alternatives?

Crafter's Choice vanilla stabilizer from Ontario--https://candorasoap.ca/scents/vanilla-stabilizer.html

Which would you say is second and third best, so I can have alternatives?
Sorry can't help you. ALL of the others I have tried - NG, WSP, Crafters Choice, Bramble Berry and a few others never worked for me, or at least never kept the discoloring away for a very significant amount of time.

Sorry can't help you. ALL of the others I have tried - NG, WSP, Crafters Choice, Bramble Berry and a few others never worked for me, or at least never kept the discoloring away for a very significant amount of time.

Bummer... Thanks.

Crafter's Choice vanilla stabilizer from Ontario--https://candorasoap.ca/scents/vanilla-stabilizer.html

Did you personally try it? For how long does it keep the soap from turning brown? Thanks in advance.

I've used WSP. It worked but it will also depend on how much vanilla is in your FO. Give it a try. Especially since there don't seem to be any other options for you. BCN is the best lasts the longest of any I've tried.

Latest posts

Back