Walnut shell experiment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Here is a couple soaps I did a couple of days ago.

Swarm has fine ground walnut shells in it and it's unscented. I don't know if my temperature was to high because those are not drag marks from cutting it but rather drag marks from softened walnut shells. I pulled a little out and they smushed in between my fingers. Maybe they will dry out and work as a scrub after curing for a couple of months.

Nuclear is my first swirl that actually came out the way I intended for it to do. I used a wonderful combination of honey clementine, lemon & cherry and it smells awesome. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20200501_110011_wm_compress95.jpg
    20200501_110011_wm_compress95.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200501_110228_wm_compress35.jpg
    20200501_110228_wm_compress35.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 20
They both look great. I really like the look of Swarm. When I have used ground walnut shells I find they do get wet and blotchy like oatmeal can at times but will dry out with cure time and give light exfoliation.

They both look great. I really like the look of Swarm. When I have used ground walnut shells I find they do get wet and blotchy like oatmeal can at times but will dry out with cure time and give light exfoliation.
Thanks for the compliment. I was hoping that they would dry out. I have some stearic spots on the nuclear but I don't mind them because with time they really don't look that bad.

Latest posts

Back