Very first batch of soap, cut pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funastrum

Reaction score
I've done it! My very first batch of soap, cut less than an hour ago. Brown part= chocolate FO, pink and white parts= cherry. It smells EXACTLY like a cherry tootsie pop. It looks more like neapolitan icecream to me, my boyfriend thinks bacon :Kitten Love: .
Even though it is not exactly what I expected, I would say it is a good try for never making soap before. I took a scrap and washed my hands with it, it was lovely! I have yet to really clean the bars up, so I expect it to be a little better. I have to go fill up my mold again hehe.

http://tinypic.com/r/fmqgit/5

Good job! I kinda have to go with bacon also, lol. However, I'm sure when you are holding it and smell anything but bacon, it wouldn't seem that way :) Looks better than my first batch!

Good job! I kinda have to go with bacon also, lol. However, I'm sure when you are holding it and smell anything but bacon, it wouldn't seem that way :) Looks better than my first batch!

Haha! Yeah, the colors came out a bit more meaty than I expected. I did not use enough red for the mica and I did not want to add more after tracing, whatever, a learning experience! lol. I'm sure if I didn't let it gel it would look a little less meaty...

I just did another batch - I am addicted, surely. This time I used one FO (BB pineapple cilantro). Used green and yellow and a little bit of TD to make it a little creamier, spoon swirled at barely there trace. I also did a 24KT gold and Jade Mica swirl on the top. Opposed to my first batch, I am experimenting by putting it in the fridge...

I feel like I am doing something wrong, since it only takes me 20 minutes to do the entire process, from lye to pouring at 105 degrees. It just feels so natural!!!

http://tinypic.com/r/33cso01/5

WoooHoooooo!!!! look at you go!!! congrats, you've done a masterful job, especially since these are your first soapies! (you've earned your bragging rights-LOL!)

Thank you guys! I have just ordered 4 more pounds of lye on ebay, as well as 2 more soap molds. I'm in this for life hahaha.
Now it is time for me to go choose some fragrances from my Brambleberry wishlist, does anyone have any recommended fragrances?

Love the swirls on your pineapple cilantro soap. Colors are perfect for the FO. Congrats on both batches and great job!

Thanks!

I also want to mention that this is a testament to soaping in an awful climate. My art studio is currently 95 degrees since I don't have an air conditioner (it's in a factory building from 1890), with 85% humidity... And somehow my soaps aren't sweating and they are setting up pretty well. This was my biggest concern!

Latest posts

Back