Using Lake Dyes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristinlake

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some insight on using lake dyes, as I am new to using dyes and I could use some help!
I have been trying to make bath bombs with lake dyes and I haven't had any real problems except one. When I hold the bath bomb in my hand (especially if it is wet) it will stain my hand the color of the dye. I have had no problems with it staining my tub or my skin when in the water, but when I hold the bath bomb (wet or dry) it will stain my skin. Is this normal? And is there a way to prevent this?
I've tried using different amounts of the lake dye, but it stains regardless of the amount.
Thanks so much!

My experience is pretty limited, but if I hold a wet, "activated" bath bomb with dye, my hand/fingers will be colored for a short period of time. But, maybe only for one or two washings. I don't have that problem with dry bombs though...
I have 2 kids who love to destroy my bath bombs by grinding it up, crumbling it, using the foam to write on the walls, make "potions" (good testers, those two! ;))etc but their hands are never stained upon leaving the bath tub. So, I'm ok with it...

Latest posts

Back