Black Bath Bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwilson9

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any luck making a bath bomb that turns the bath water deep black without leaving tub staining, or staining on skin, and is also safe? 😂

How did you do it? What colourant did you use?

Edited. These are not easy to make. Had to double the polysorbate to handle all the mica required. Switching to lake dyes instead.

Last edited:
Lakes with polysorbate 80 will accomplish a black bath bomb. Following Robyn's color study linked above will also be helpful, #5 gives me the best black bomb & water. You have to use quite a bit to get it dark black instead of just gray.

I followed that lol.
There is a black bath bomb dye available from (twowildhares.com)
Have purchased from this site for years and very happy with everything I’ve purchased. Very inexpensive shipping at less than five dollars to ship. Here is link. This is advertised as high dye load. 4oz BLACK Bath Bomb Lake Dye Blend, High Dye %, Cosmetic Colorant, Batch Certified, Container Packaging, Two Wild Hares
P.S. am making my own mix as I want to see if I can make a decent black dye for bath bombs and other darker shades.

There is a black bath bomb dye available from (twowildhares.com)
Have purchased from this site for years and very happy with everything I’ve purchased. Very inexpensive shipping at less than five dollars to ship. Here is link. This is advertised as high dye load. 4oz BLACK Bath Bomb Lake Dye Blend, High Dye %, Cosmetic Colorant, Batch Certified, Container Packaging, Two Wild Hares
P.S. am making my own mix as I want to see if I can make a decent black dye for bath bombs and other darker shades.
I've bought alot from them. They have shrink wrap bags that are high quality. More expensive but worth the price. I'll take a look at their bath bomb colorant.

Latest posts

Back