Using bubble wrap for honey & nut soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I want to use bubble wrap on my honey & nut soap so that the tops look like honeycomb.

Should I put the bubble wrap underneath my soap, on the bottom of my log mold, or on top of the soap? I'm thinking that the soap would get a better imprint if the wrap was on the bottom, but I'm worried the heat from the gel will melt the wrap.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks! :)

I've put the bubble wrap on the bottom, top and sides! :) The wrap has never melted on me while gelling.

IrishLass

Ashley,

My favorite is to put the bubble wrap on the bottom of the mold. Like you thought, you get the best imprint there. I would imagine you would get a good impression on the sides as well.

I have put the bubble wrap on the top but it doesn't give quite the same crisp imprint. Still good though.

No worries about melting it either. Never happened to me and I always gel.

Savor Soap did it with melt and pour soaps as well to make bubble tea soap...looks awesome. her link:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5358303

So, I made this soap last night with the bubble wrap on the bottom and it looks AWESOME!

Thanks everyone!

Lindy said:
Uhmmmmm - pictures???????????????? Please??????

You can see the actual soap in my other post about "DOS", but I didn't get a good shot of the bubble wrap tops! I'll do that tomorrow morning! :)

cdwinsby said:
I have put the bubble wrap on the top but it doesn't give quite the same crisp imprint. Still good though.

I get good top impressions by weighting the top bubble wrap down slightly with a light book (I protect the book with plastic wrap). Works great. :)

IrishLass

Back