Bubble wrap for honeycomb impression

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to make a soap using the bubble wrap as a 'honeycomb' impression and i see some sites say you can use it on the underneath as well as the top side of the soap. Wouldn't it melt if it was underneath the soap going through gel phase?
Has anyone ever used it underneath, and if so, was it successful?
TIA.

I've used it with HP and rebatch soap, so odds are that it might just work? 🤔 The stats of LDPE plastic (from what bubble wrap usually is made from) read like gelling temperature couldn't hurt it much – at least when you don't aim for cracking/volcanoing (or are you?).
Worth a try IMHO. Not sure if “top + bottom” is cleverer than rather covering the side walls of a T&S mould? Fixing the bubble wrap into the mould is another tricky issue in any case. And spare a thought on the orientation of the pattern with respect to the final bars.

Slightly related: Don't look up Mugen Puchipuchi.😱

As with violets2217, I have used bubble wrap on the top, on the bottom and on the sides be it via CPOP or HP or milk/honey/beeswax soap, and no melting whatsoever. I am even able to re-use the same bubble wrap pieces for several batches. I only toss it out when too many of the 'bubbles' get deflated and won't leave as crisp of an impression anymore. I adhere my bubble wrap to the sides of my mold with a few dabs of Vaseline.

IrishLass :)

I've only used it with MP and only on top as like a stamp. I'm very impressed with @violets2217 and @IrishLass reports! I might need to experiment!

1637436537488.jpeg

As with violets2217, I have used bubble wrap on the top, on the bottom and on the sides be it via CPOP or HP or milk/honey/beeswax soap, and no melting whatsoever. I am even able to re-use the same bubble wrap pieces for several batches. I only toss it out when too many of the 'bubbles' get deflated and won't leave as crisp of an impression anymore. I adhere my bubble wrap to the sides of my mold with a few dabs of Vaseline.

IrishLass :)
It’s pretty difficult for me to find any bubble wrap with unpopped bubbles around here. It’s an addiction you know…

Wow wow wow. That is something! Is it uncolored or did you use colorants? Great color. Since you have a honeycomb theme, did you use REAL beeswax this time, or that um, other stuff you're obsessed with?

Last edited:
It’s pretty difficult for me to find any bubble wrap with unpopped bubbles around here. It’s an addiction you know…
Definitely an addiction. My daughter with autism has CP in her hands, and many years ago and occupational therapist recommended popping bubble wrap to help strengthen her fingers. We now order mini bubble wrap by the gigantic roll for gifts. I am inspired by the 💕video💕to bring out my slab mold to make OMH soap. Thank you @KiwiMoose!!!

Definitely an addiction. My daughter with autism has CP in her hands, and many years ago and occupational therapist recommended popping bubble wrap to help strengthen her fingers. We now order mini bubble wrap by the gigantic roll for gifts. I am inspired by the 💕video💕to bring out my slab mold to make OMH soap. Thank you @KiwiMoose!!!
I also like to walk on bubble wrap, must be why I have such strong feet.

Wow wow wow. That is something! Is it uncolored or did you use colorants? Great color. Since you have a honeycomb theme, did you use REAL beeswax this time, or that um, other stuff you're obsessed with?
LOL - VEGAN Zing, VEGAN! No honey, no beeswax...
OMH fragrance only.

Oh - it's uncoloured Zing.

Back