UN-MOLDING SOAP; WAIT TIME ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANMAG

Reaction score
HAVE MADE A FEW BATCHES, NEVER HAD A PROB WITH REMOVING FROM MOLD AFTER 24 HRS...IS 2 DAYS UNUSUAL? SOAP TRACED AFTER AN HOUR, SEEMED LONGER THAN USUAL, BUT NOW WHAT? IT'S STILL SORTA SOFT...KEEP IT COVERED?

What kind of recipe did you use? Recipes high in olive or soy tend to be quite soft at first, especially if you used a full water amount. Preventing gel also makes for a soft soap at first, too. If it were me, I would leave it uncovered, and then I'd give it as long as it took for it to be firm enough to cut withough falling apart.

IrishLass :)

thanks, re: un-molding ?

Hello IrishLass,
Thx, it was about 33% olive oil, the rest palm & coconut, but this is the 1st x it seems somewhat sticky, or soft.

Also, have you tried the freezer "method" for loosening soap that seem solid but don't want to budge too easily?

Lastly, unrelated question: have you ever had yellow-ish spots that appear after a few weeks of curing CP soap? I only make soap for my own fam & friends, but it's sort of unsightly (doesn't seem to affect the performance)...

Back