Ugliest soap ever! - first attempt of swirling, using fragrance oil and sodium lactat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planned to use 30g raspberry fo per 700g oils but instead of using it in 700g of oil ( or more than that because of the lye mixture) i add it to somewhere 1/4 or 1/8 of my soap batter.

Assuming that 1/4 of your soaping oils were involved (175 grams), you would be scenting at 17% for that portion. It may well be higher if the amount was closer to 1/8 of your soap batter than 1/4. Typically, use rates for fragrance are 3-6%. I would check your supplier's recommendation for maximum % of fragrance for your product to determine whether or not it is safe to use.

I don't think the soap is ugly, by the way!

I agree with the people who said it looks tasty! Maybe not the effect you were trying to get on the top, but definitely not ugly.

It turned gorgeous to my eyes..Sorry about the FO, we have all done that a time or two.

Assuming that 1/4 of your soaping oils were involved (175 grams), you would be scenting at 17% for that portion. It may well be higher if the amount was closer to 1/8 of your soap batter than 1/4. Typically, use rates for fragrance are 3-6%. I would check your supplier's recommendation for maximum % of fragrance for your product to determine whether or not it is safe to use.

Thanks judymoody. In the look of my soaps, i think it really has a higher amount of Fo on the top part of the soap. I hope it would be still safe to use though.

Thanks judymoody. In the look of my soaps, i think it really has a higher amount of Fo on the top part of the soap. I hope it would be still safe to use though.

Leave it like it is for now. I once had a super oily soap and it dries up in 2 weeks. Give it some time. You can always cut later on if it doesn't work out.

I hope it would work.. If not, i will cut the top part.

Ugliest soap ever! - first attempt of swirling, using fragrance oil and sodiu...

ThńK

Last edited:
I understand the frustration, but I truly don't think the soap is ugly. It's all in the presentation :) :)

Latest posts

Back