Ugliest salt bar rebatch ever...help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klbowden

Reaction score
So, about a year ago I made a bunch of salt bars. I got a little overzealous with the large pink Himalayan sea salt crystals as decoration and therefore my soaps cracked horribly. Today I put them through the food processor and followed the directions on this forum for how to rebatch salt soap. Soap turned out perfectly! I made a 20% super fat at all coconut oil soap base and added the flakes to it. However, I now have the world's ugliest soap bars! I used madder root to give it a nice pink hue to complement the Himalayan sea salt. Unfortunately I now have 30 round bars that look exactly like raw ground meat! Anyone have any suggestions for how I rebatch this again? I will follow the same recipe but need to know what color schemes to use to get rid of this ugly raw meat look. Thanks so much!

1501629293184577655627.jpg

I've got a batch of 'bloody ground meat' soap from a rebatch, too. I don't think I can recolor mine, though. I added iron oxide (what was I thinking?) and added probably way too much, so adding more pigment is not a great idea. I'm thinking chop it into bitsy pieces that I can mix into fresh soap.

Halloween isn't that far away, just sayin'...
Actually, you know how you can wash bars of soap to remove ash and it makes them all shiny? What would it do to that soap? Im wondering if it would go more towards "rose granite" than "spam"

Give it a cute name like 80% lean soap or eat more chicken . I usually name my soap after I make it based on how it turned out. Very clean looking.
Kind of love this idea! Thanks!

Omg that's so funny... So unfortunate but so funny!!

I'd keep it as is and give away as gag gifts. Call it "Salted Cured Soap". :D

Hilarious idea actually!

Halloween isn't that far away, just sayin'...
Actually, you know how you can wash bars of soap to remove ash and it makes them all shiny? What would it do to that soap? Im wondering if it would go more towards "rose granite" than "spam"
Loving the Halloween idea! He he!

Back