To everyone who uses real food in your soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, can anyone tell me what is the concept of adding food to CP soap? Any extra healing/moisturizing/cleansing properties? Doesn't lye kill all the beneficial qualities of whatever food I'd be adding?

I also make a fresh avocado soap. It is label appeal for sure to veggies to soap..They can also make great natural colourants. I add my purreed veg at trace and hope like heck some of the goodness survives the lye monster.

Totally agree with savonierre that MOST veggies are just label appeal and most veggies can color your soap such as pureed pumpkin and carrots to name a few. I've also used avocado in my soap and it did not produce anything beneficial.

There are few foods/ fruits that do create some added bonus such as pineapple---very exfoliating, good facial soap additive but do not over used because it can cause your batch to seize and weaken your lye. Ginger---some say it increase circulation and there is heat sensation when using hot water. Banana creates more bubbles due to the sugar content---the seeds appears speckles as it oxides over time. Papaya creats a silkness feel.

Sweet! I'll try adding some veggies to one of my batches. Avocado sounds so "yummy"!

I've Been making soap hp and cold process different ways each time trying to find my favorite go to recipe to put on the shelf. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm new at this so I'm trying to concentrate on my goat milk soap first and get that one right before I move to another. Help

Back