To bevel or not to bevel...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I like the sharp, rugged look of non-bevelled soap, but bevelled edges are a lot more comfortable for some folks.

Do you bevel your soap or not?

No, I don't bevel my soaps. If I sold them I would, but since I only make soaps for friends & family, I don't.

I'm an unbeveler. I'd have them all uneven if I tried to bevel them. Maybe if I had a nice beveler, and not the Peeler Du Potay-toe...

I'm a beveler. I like the look of beveled soap, as well as the comfortable feel of the beveled edges in my hand when I shower with my soap. I used to use a potato peeler with which to bevel, but I now have a professional beveler and it makes a world of difference. My bevels come out nice and even with a beautiful sculpted look to them.

IrishLass :)

I just take a tiny sliver off any sharp sides, if I try to do more I end up with no soap left.

Kitn

I think I like the look of unbeveled better, but I like the feel of beveled and now that I'm going to be selling my soaps, I think more people are going to care about comfort when using the soap than looks.

AshleyR said:
I think I like the look of unbeveled better, but I like the feel of beveled and now that I'm going to be selling my soaps, I think more people are going to care about comfort when using the soap than looks.
Exactly, I prefer the look, but the feel of beveled edges, for me it is whatever mood I am in! :D

i don't bevel, i like the rustic look of unbeveled. it takes more time and takes soap away from the customer.

i do make soap balls which people find interesting, and my girlfriend says they fit right in the palm of my hand.

Latest posts

Back