Think I "nuked it"...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momonga

Reaction score
I've had incredible beginners luck with my M&P, so finally a couple of weeks into it, I ran into my first problem. Actually, I have been using some cheapo base called "double butter" from Michaels (because I was too impatient for my first batch of good stuff to come in the mail), and while I can't account for what's in it, it's been very forgiving with the texture and properties of the soaps I've cast so far. So the problem batch was Peak Candle's clear glycerin base, but I think it was operator error. Lots of bubbles throughout the soap that wouldn't float to the surface, so I couldn't get them with the alcohol spritzer, and then the soap smelled kind of off. I think I might have simmered it. Does that sound right?

Maybe this is not the brightest question. But for all the instructions in books and videos that say "don't overheat", they don't tell you what happens if you do!

Last edited:
Overheated MP will turn a rubbery texture and dry out...it won't hold it's shape and will not lather like it should.

Latest posts

Back