These soaps....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I'm completely enamored of these soaps. Is it MP? HP transparent?
I haven't found a MP base so clear...have I been missing something?
The pages are translated, and I was unable to get any info, but I know you folks can help!

Wasn't sure where to post this, as I'm not sure what exactly it is....

39b7d8e5bb96139b926f34fc301bcbab.jpg

c542cef13437856f6152aa78427603eb.jpg

Oh yes, I went through her page too... i am with you on this.. tried for a while figuring it out but no luck.. following the thread.

Is this Kazumi's work (I can't post her other name here)?
I also enjoy looking at her instagram posts.

On her teaching website, she advertises that she gives lessons on how to make the clear soap: https://www.ass-aromatica.jp/soap/cristal/

From what I can gather, Kazumi does both glycerin and CP soaps. I can't tell whether the glycerin soaps are MP or made from scratch.

Last edited:
They are beautiful. I wonder if the soap is
a. cost/time effective
b. a decent formula....
She should come to the annual soap conference...

They are beautiful. I wonder if the soap is
a. cost/time effective
b. a decent formula....
She should come to the annual soap conference...

The company is in Japan, I think, so I would suspect there might be a different soap conference than the one here. And there might be a language barrier, too.

The website looks familiar. I think I've looked at this one before for some other soap.

Ok I tried google translated into my language. The Japanese site also had some simplified Chinese called Kanji.

If I get it right, it's a 45 minutes crystal clear soap class to teach you crystal clear soap cooking. And it specified that it's a shortened cooking time & simple recipe. And you have to finished cold process soap class, transparent soap class, & jewel soap class to attend this course.

I haven't tried my own hands on melt and pour from scratch. But have read some blog on it. It's just my hunch that this recipe contains lots of castor and liquid oil & very little hard oils or stearic acid.and if my hunch is right, this particular recipe will melt down the drain WAY FASTER than the one with more hard oils and stearic acid.
Oh and a few supplier have diamond clear or crystal clear MP base. And they claim it has higher glycerin percentage than others, so will SWEAT more.

Hope someone have made MP form scratch will chime in.

www.lovinsoap.com/2016/08/make-clear-transparent-soap-scratch-making-transparent-soap-guide/

www.curious-soapmaker.com/how-to-make-transparent-soap.html

www.oilandbutter.blogspot.tw/2014/02/how-to-make-your-own-melt-and-pour-soap.html?m=1

Last edited:
They look like they're made of glass! I know nothing about M&P, but what surprises me is that, although they look like they were made in a loaf mold, (because of the textured tops), the faces are as smooth as glass, which makes me wonder what was used to cut them, or does M&P always slice that cleanly?

Is this Kazumi's work (I can't post her other name here)?
I also enjoy looking at her instagram posts.

On her teaching website, she advertises that she gives lessons on how to make the clear soap: https://www.ass-aromatica.jp/soap/cristal/

From what I can gather, Kazumi does both glycerin and CP soaps. I can't tell whether the glycerin soaps are MP or made from scratch.

I don't understand a single thing apart from 6000 yen on that page. Not sure if the tutorial would be in English.

Using glycerin as the main solvent in m&p will eventually leave just a puddle of melted ooze. Yes, I have tried it and fortunately had the soap bars in a storage container, since I had read a paper on what would happen. Just wanted to see for myself. Here is the link http://docplayer.net/23892788-Formu...pour-soaps-without-petroleum-derivatives.html.

Carolyn, did you use glycerin as the only solvent? No sugar, sorbitol, or alcohol of any kind?
I'm intrigued and the link has several ways...way to many for my tiny brain!
And did you manage to save that batch in the storage container? Did it ooze like crazy, melt like crazy in shower?

Mmm... Now I wonder how high is the glycerin percentage that these supplier implied.

Latest posts

Back