The Purple that Wasn't, Cut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, around each dark patch, there is a thin red line about 1mm thick. That’s not glycerine, surely.
Up close it looks like the gelled pink part? Could explain why you're seeing red, when it's just a darker pink?

Can't explain why there, and why the rest of the pink is glycerin river-y, with the purple having less, unless KiwiMoose used two different water amounts... It has to do with the way temps go up and down depending on the water and which part of the soap is touching the other. Auntie Clara's site has several pages of glycerin rivers experimentation, very fascinating read..

Pretty pleased with this. Although the purple mica did turn out a little grey-ish, I had the foresight to add a little bit of pink to ALL the batter before splitting off to add the purple. It now looks a little bit like a pale lavender colour with the pale pink, so I'm happy with that. It's also the first time I've done a 'proper' hanger swirl - as in I swirled the bejeezus out if it, instead of doing a half hearted attempt.
View attachment 37999 View attachment 38000
As usual - glycerin rivers galore, but I like the way they kind of 'outline' the pattern.
These are beautiful

Latest posts

Back