The Purple that Wasn't, Cut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pretty pleased with this. Although the purple mica did turn out a little grey-ish, I had the foresight to add a little bit of pink to ALL the batter before splitting off to add the purple. It now looks a little bit like a pale lavender colour with the pale pink, so I'm happy with that. It's also the first time I've done a 'proper' hanger swirl - as in I swirled the bejeezus out if it, instead of doing a half hearted attempt.
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg

As usual - glycerin rivers galore, but I like the way they kind of 'outline' the pattern.

love the glycerin rivers. and very nice swirls--I always thought the hanger swirl was meant to be a half hearted thing but I always do it more too and then worry the whole time that I did it too much. i think the hanger swirl is a forgiving swirl :)

Pretty pleased with this. Although the purple mica did turn out a little grey-ish, I had the foresight to add a little bit of pink to ALL the batter before splitting off to add the purple. It now looks a little bit like a pale lavender colour with the pale pink, so I'm happy with that. It's also the first time I've done a 'proper' hanger swirl - as in I swirled the bejeezus out if it, instead of doing a half hearted attempt.
View attachment 37999 View attachment 38000
As usual - glycerin rivers galore, but I like the way they kind of 'outline' the pattern.
How did you get the lighter reddish color around the darker “lavender?” Is that a really lucky color bleed or a technique?

View attachment 37999 View attachment 38000
Looks so artistic! Lovely!!

That's a very attractive glycerin rivered soap. It really sets off the swirl design so well!

I know we probably don't buy our micas in the same place, but I'd switch vendors if my purples were so morphy. Do you have vendors in your area who show what the micas look like in CP soap? If you can find a purple that holds true, it might be worth it even if it's the only color you buy from a different vendor. I'm rather particular about purples, myself.

That's a very attractive glycerin rivered soap. It really sets off the swirl design so well!

I know we probably don't buy our micas in the same place, but I'd switch vendors if my purples were so morphy. Do you have vendors in your area who show what the micas look like in CP soap? If you can find a purple that holds true, it might be worth it even if it's the only color you buy from a different vendor. I'm rather particular about purples, myself.
I discovered after wards that they do have a picture of the colour in CP soap ( I wonder if was posted between the time I bought it and the time I looked just yesterday?) and it looks pretty much like the colour that i achieved. They sell another - lighter, brighter purple that I might try next time.

Latest posts

Back