Taking photos??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunkawakan

Reaction score
Can someone here please explain how you take such fabulous photos of your fabulous soap? I've really been struggling trying to get decent pictures of mine and they always come out horrible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Use the tulip (macro) setting and tape some paper towels on the window and place the soap on the window sill.

HTH

Yes, use a digital camera on the macro setting.

Keep your background simple and use natural light if you have it. I think the best light is the afternoon autumn sun-it seems to be so much warmer and diffused.

I like to see how the shadows play on my subjects so I angle my blinds so that I get some light and dark areas.

Also, don't be too uptight with setting up your soap - it doesn't have to be in a special pose. Just set them out so that they look natural.

Just my 2 cents worth.

my friend took photos of my soaps, but i stood by his side and learned a lot.
first, we made a light box and we used two lamps i already had in a house. if you do it this way it's important to set your camera on tungsten (meaning that the light you have is from light bulb, and it'll set your colors accordingly so they'll look natural).

here's a useful link for making the light box and some other tips: http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

please don't laugh.........

......I made a light box out of an empty cardboard box and white inkjet paper! I just lined the box with the paper (I used photomount spray) and hey presto! :D

retropants said:

......I made a light box out of an empty cardboard box and white inkjet paper! I just lined the box with the paper (I used photomount spray) and hey presto! :D

Hey who's laughing??? Check out the strobist link.....great minds think alike obviously! :wink: :D

retropants said:

That's what I did too but I don't like it much. I think I need a bigger box. :wink:

Back