Sweet Pea from Peak

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know what I experienced with this FO. It did not accelerate or discolor. However, it went from smelling fine OOB to a grape jollyrancher once soaped. It may be calming down now, will judge the scent again in a few days.

My neice picked out the fragrance to soap with Friday night. She chose lavendar & orange swirls. She loves the smell soaped. Hubby said he smells an "organic" smell not candy. All I smell is jollyrancher :) Hey, I love them as much as the next person, just not digging this FO.

I love Peak's Sweet Pea. It's a really nice floral scent to me. I can't smell any Jolly Rancher tones in my soap made with it. I've never smelled the actual flower so I can't compare it to the real deal, but for what it's worth a friend of mine whose favorite flower is Sweet Pea loves the the soap I make scented with Peak's Sweet Pea. She says it smells spot on.

Noses sure are funny things, though. Sense of smell is very individual and can vary a lot from person to person depending on which of our scent receptors are active. One person's jasmine is another person's cat pee, for example.

IrishLass :)

Ha! At least it smells (to me) like candy, not cat pee. :) I will say that I have never been a fan of Sweet Pea from B&BW, so it may just be that I don't care for the scent.

I LOVE Peaks Sweet Pea. One of my all time favorites. It is more sweet than floral to me, and that's why I love it so much.
I've never had a jolly rancher scent when soaping or making candles with this scent either, but as IrishLass said - everyone's noses are different.
:)

Count me as another lover of Peak's Sweat Pea. A favorite around here, but there are plenty of Fos that most love and I don't. Noses are not all alike for sure.

At 3 weeks, the scent has mellowed a bit. More of a sweet floral than candy now, but still a hint of grape smell to me. It's definitely better than it was right after soaping. I did order Candle Science's Sweet Pea, but they both smell same to me OOB. Thanks for all the input. I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to this scent.

Latest posts

Back